Training

I breathed in deeply my eyes closed as I concentrated. I tried to contact the energy of fire I carry inside, but I cannot connect. I squeezed my eyes shut as a Secoya bird squawked as it flew over head. I scrunched my eyes more tightly closed as if it would help me. "I can't do it" I breathed out opening my eyes. Elder Dante stood before me his big arms crossed over his chest. "Yes you can, you just need to find your energy core" he stated, while a crude laugh came from Zane. "Oh come now, she's been doing this for the past hour, obviously she can't" Zane stated still laughing. Dante pursed his lips and furrowed his brows, then out of no where shot a fire ball at Zane's head.

Zane gave out a little yelp and ducked in time luckily "what was that for?!" he yelled sitting up eyes wide. "Now Alexi, you can find the fire core through two ways 1. anger-" he stated pointing at Zane "-or 2. excitement or joy, like at the bonfire" Dante finished smiling eagerly. I smiled back and shut my eyes to focus once more. Zane complained in the background, and his deep yet whiny voice began to annoy me. My brow twitched as Zane continue to whine, my tolerance level lowering. I frowned as he stopped, and I was finally in peace. Then a load cracking noise finally broke my serenity. My eyes shot open and I slowly turned toward Zane. Who sat there snapping twigs, he looked up at me "what?" he asked rudely. I breathed in deeply clenching my fists into tight balls.

He sneered at me "what are you starring at?" he ordered looking around. "My target" I muttered and threw a fist in his direction. I felt a scorching hot feeling move through my body, from my gut, through my arm and to my fist. I watched as flames shot out of my fist and fly towards Zane. He cried out and rolled out of the way shooting up to his feet. I blew steam out of my nose and smiled as I watched the fire ball explode on the tree's where Zane had been.

"Very good Alexi!!" Dante bellowed patting my back "now we can begin the real training" he cried out smiling. I smiled at him as he mumbled something "better get ready to be in pain" I sighed and rubbed my hands together.

*********************************************

I winced as I walked back to my tent sore from training. I held my back as I walked into the tent. I groaned and fell down onto my bed snuggling into the pillow. "Should I leave and give you and your pillow some alone time?" I heard Zane question from the doorway. I waved my hand around not looking at him to busy enjoying rest. I heard him snort and walk in towards his bed and plop down onto it. I sighed resting my muscles felt fantastic not to mention that I was emotionally wasted. I sighed and slowly let my mind wonder, and slowly I began to fall asleep.  I curled my body into a ball as a cool breeze drifted in.

I shivered and rubbed my arms for warmth. When silently I felt some one place a blanket on me, then there was shouting and a loud banging noise. I shot up and looked behind me, where Zane and Nakotowa laid wrestling. "Nakotowa!!" I yelled grabbing onto his collar yanking him back. Flinging him across the room, I looked around still dazed then back at Nakotowa. Who was standing up his face an ugly mask of anger. "What was that for?" I heard Zane call out from behind me. "Don't even touch her" Nakotowa growled walking towards me. "I was putting a blanket on her because she was cold!!" Zane cried out standing up. Nakotowa walked up face him looking up at Zane for he was slightly taller than him. "Nakotowa enough!!" I yelled rubbing my face "get out" I muttered in between my fingers. "What?" Nakotowa whispered in disbelief "get out Nakotowa" I stated once more glaring at him.

His mouth fell open and he slowly turned around and walked out of the tent with out saying a word. I grumbled to myself then fell back onto the pillow closing my eyes and tugging the blanket closer to me. I fluffed my pillow and rolled onto my stomach to get comfortable. Slowly I fell into much needed sleep.

***************************************** 

I walked slowly down a long marble hallway to two large metal doors. I bushed them open sending them flying open. I walked into the room my heavy dress dragging behind me. I looked around to see nothing I heard a scream and I turned around to see the doors shut behind me. I looked back to the large empty room to find it full of bodies. But not just any bodies they were the villagers stacked up on each other. All eyes open starring straight at me, my mouth fell open. My hands were sticky and I looked down to find my clothes soaked in blood and a simple metal knife in my hand. I looked back up to the room to find one of the large mounds moving. Something pushing up from the bottom. I attempted to scream but no sound came out. As the bodies were pushed off to the sides I watched in horror. As Orlim rose up his skin gray his eyes glazed over and his neck sliced open. Next was Dain then Dyr, Nakotowa, and so on. Till every one of the villagers were standing up their mouths gaping open in an eternally silent scream. I backed up against the door searching for the handle. Slowly the crowd shuffled towards me, I searched for the handle faster. I grasped onto the handle just as the villagers were upon me.