page 09 • flirtykawa

"No, I don't wanna."

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Mei begs.

Your sister kept on bugging you to come to the Volleyball match between Aoba Johsai and Karasuno later that day, and your head hurts from shaking it as a no, for so long. She is resting on the couch, eating crisps, and you stick your feet on her stomach to put your socks on.

"Hey!"

"Oh, you aren't deaf! I thought you were because you didn't seem to hear me when I said that I'm not going!"

"Just come on!" Mei whines, pushing your leg away. "Tobio has a crush on you, Tanaka and Nishinoya would be overwhelmed, and Hinata just adores you! Why can't you just come and join Eiko and me? Don't be such a grump."

"I'm not a grump! And T-Tobio has a crush on me?!" You screech. This is news to you.

"No, I made that up. But let's go! Don't you wanna ditch school, [Name]?"

You put on your headphones and make your way outside. Seriously, your sister was being way too annoying, and you were glad that you wouldn't have to cross paths with Oikawa today. He'd be off from school to go to practice later, that's what Iwaizumi had told you yesterday.

You almost reach the bus stop when you see a familiar orange-head cycling up the road.

"Hinata?"

"Ahhhh, [Name]-san!" The boy excitedly stops his bike and walks up to you.

"Where are you going? I thought you had a match later!"

"I'm going to practice a bit, with Kageyama! You'll come support us, right, [Name]-san?"

When you keep quiet, the boy's eyes go wide.

"Ohhh, that's so dumb of me! You're from Aoba Johsai, so obviously-"

You raise your hands up in a cross and shake your head. "No! In fact, I want you guys to win! I hate Oikawa."

"But the Grand King is so awesome!"

Yeah, that's because he doesn't pour chocolate milkshake over your head and call you fat, Hinata.

You don't even realise how far away from the bus stop you had walked with Hinata until the bus you were supposed to climb aboard goes past you.

"Hey, that's my bus!"

"GEH?!"

"Great, now I can't go to class on time!" You moan in defeat. Hinata looked like he wanted to cry, blaming himself for what happened.

"Hey, it's not your fault! Okay? I'll just... Run."

Hinata is teary eyed when he looks at you. "I'm so sorry, [Name]-san, it's all my fault! You're being too nice and I just-" The boy begins to bawl and you start to worry.

You adored Hinata just as much as he adored you, and you didn't want to see him cry. You frantically thought of what to do to stop the boy from crying.

"Er, I'm going to your match! That's why I didn't climb the bus!" You don't know how the words seemed to blurt out from your mouth, and when they do, all you can do is stiffen up.

Crap.

But when you see the big smile spreading on Hinata's face, you couldn't regret that at all.

Hinata was just too precious for the world!

"Then, I'll see you in the stands, [Name]-chan!" The first year waves to you and cycles off to his school.

Dammit, now you had no choice but to go to the match.

•••

When you reach the stadium, Mei and Eiko wave from the stands to show a saved spot for you. You wave back and decide to buy some snacks before you go up to them. You had enough of seeing Oikawa in the midst of a crowd of girls. That little flirt!

When you run to the vending machine, you hear a high pitched voice nearby.

"U-Um, Oikawa-san, I really like you and um. I always wanted to tell you that. I know you'll probably reject me because we b-barely talked and all..." The girl stutters and bows, making Oikawa smile brightly.

That smug little flirt! He's all that just because he's got multiple people confessing to him all the time! You could swear that he was going to say something rude and braggy, and you lean a little closer to listen to exactly what he says.

"I'm sorry that I don't return the feelings, Nanami-chan. But we can become friends now, thanks to this, right?"

What?!?!

You almost spill the pack of peanuts that you had in hand. Oikawa was being... thoughtful?

The girl, you could see, was disappointed about the rejection, but it was clear that what Oikawa said made her a bit cheerful. In fact, she plastered on a genuine smile.

"Y-Yes!"

Woaaaaaaaaaaaah.
You hurry away from the hallway before Oikawa could see you.

All this time, you had thought that he was super flamboyant, but he handled the situation so well, without being too proud about it.

Which you thought was very nice of him.

---

a/n: tfw oiks is nice and you fall for him ooP