page 13 • moronkawa

Don't. Don't come here. Don't come here.

Your mind continues the chant all through your shift in the Maid Café your class was hosting.

Today was the Student's Cultural Festival of Aoba Johsai.

Even though you had continuously tried to argue against having a maid café which was cliché, and lacked pizzaz, you were vetoed and you got stuck being one of those lame maids.

Dammit, the clothes were really hard to move around in.

But you had better things to worry about.

Because Oikawa was currently in the classroom beside you, as confirmed by the squealing next door.

Just your luck; when Oikawa passes without noticing you, but Iwaizumi notices you instead.

"[Name]?" The wing spiker's voice echoes, making the brunette stop dead in his tracks.

"Oooooh, [Name]-chan!!!!!!" Oikawa grins, stepping into the classroom.

You continue your non-stop facepalming when your classmates start gushing all over the 18-year old.

"Why, Iwaizumi-senpai? What did I ever do to you?" You wail out loud.

"I'm sorry, it just kinda slipped..." He laughs a little, and Oikawa begins waving his hands around like a lunatic.

"Hey, I greeted you, not Iwa-chan!"

You roll your eyes and you are about to go to the kitchen when Oikawa calls the class rep.

"Hey, Sayaka-chan, can I choose who I want to serve my food?"

You try to show her a death glare, the ones Mei and Eiko are experts in doing but fail miserably. Sayaka gives a big nod to Oikawa, to which he points straight at you.

"[Name]-chan, I want [Name]-chan to serve me!" He announces with a smile before he goes to take a seat at a table.

"Oi, you Crappykawa, give her a break, why don't you?" Iwaizumi's voice trails as he follows your neighbour, and you wail in defeat.

Sayaka shrugs in an 'I couldn't help it' kind of way, and Misaki gives you a thumbs up.

Yeah. Like a thumbs up will make you feel OK.

Groaning, you pick a notepad from the reception and walk up to the table Oikawa and his friends sat.

He's doing this on purpose! I just know it! You think when he orders a glass of orange juice.

Orange juice! Anyone could get that anywhere!

He continues ordering things like milkshakes, a slice of cake, and every single thing you could find in any nearby convenience store.

And you had to serve him every time, thanks Sayaka.

You can barely hold your anger by the time you walk with some water on a tray. By then, Iwaizumi and the other two friends had also left.

"You know, this time, I want something else," He begins. Your fingers clench into a ball, and you are minutes away from leaving a permanent mark on his face.

"I want a smile."

"Hah no."

"Sayaka-saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" Oikawa says, raising a hand.

That little tattle.

"What is it, Oikawa-san? And [Name]? Your shift is over, so you can go now."

Your gaze turns from Sayaka to Oikawa within a single second. You slam the tray on his table before you walk out.

This was definitely a score for you again.

•••

You had left your school uniform in your locker. To get it back and change out of the horrid mess that was called a 'Maid Costume', you rush downstairs to the hallway.

There is a group of boys standing near your locker.

"Um, may I open my locker?" You ask politely, pointing to your locker.

One of the boys raises an eyebrow and leans against the locker.

"Why? Don't let that outfit go with a waste, girl." The boy smirks, and extends a hand out towards you.

Freaking morons everywhere.

You swat his hand away and decide to retreat back to class. But when a hand tightly grips around your own hand, you begin to wonder just what sin you are getting paid for now.

"Let me go!" You whine when he smashes you against the locker. You didn't recognise who it was, but he definitely looked older than you.

"Oi, get away from her." A voice rasps from behind the boy. When the boy turns around, you see that Oikawa is standing behind him.

For some reason, the boy does as told and moves away.

"Go ahead, take what you wanted." Oikawa whispers, walking a little closer to you. With wide eyes, you nod and pick out your uniform before you turn to him again.

Oikawa gives a cold glare at the group of boys before he takes your hand.

None of them follow you both as you are dragged back upstairs by the setter.

Oikawa never failed to surprise you, sometimes being a simpleton, while the other times he'd come to your rescue like that.

For once, you were thankful for him.

"Er. Thank y-"

"Gross, [Name]-chan, your hands are all sweaty."

---

a/n: whale den. xD

also, ayy check out my other books too ayyy xD