page 23 • weirdokawa

You are frozen in your spot when his lips brush against yours for a brief couple of seconds. A swift of his perfume mixed with his sweat makes you inhale deeply before he moves away, clutching two handfuls of his own hair.

"Oh, crap... I've gone ahead and done it..." His voice trails off as he stares at you in shock, waiting for a reaction.

Oikawa doing terrible things wasn't anything new to you. You knew that. Well enough. More than anyone. But this one?

This one takes the cake.

"Oikawa."

"[Name]-chan, I can explain..."

"You're the worst, Oikawa Tooru." You say, and he gulps before he looks down to his feet.

"You'd go this far to prove you can get any girl you want, would you?" You ask, and he jolts his head up.

"No! You've got it wrong! I wasn't-"

"Don't touch me." You raise a finger, and he freezes idle, afraid to make even the slightest movement.

"Don't ever." You hiss, wiping your lips with disgust and walking out of the gym.

Oikawa does not follow you this time. In fact, Oikawa Tooru doesn't move from his spot until the lunch hour ends.

Which was good, because you had your fair share of crying to do, after all.

•••

When you walk into your apartment later that day, you can hear Mei inside the shower, humming a song in a high pitched voice. You weren't sure if you wanted to tell her, or even Eiko about what happened. Oikawa keeps on disgracing you in front of people, and you couldn't let your two precious friends know what he did now.

Sighing, you drop your bag and bend down to take off your shoes. When you place the shoes on the rack, you take note of a small piece of paper lying under the rack. When you pick up the paper you see that it is a folded hand-written note.

'Good morning, [Name]-chan! I'm sorry, but can we please walk to school together tomorrow morning instead of today? I have a practice match that I can't miss, this morning. Please let me know if you received the message, okay?'

Underneath the writing is a phone number, with 'Oikawa Tooru' written in kanji.

What a big weirdo...

You place the note inside your bag before you run to the telephone. The red button is blinking, indicating a new message.

'Yahho, [Name]-chan! I know I promised that we'll walk to Seijoh together, but I just found out that I have a match this morning, and I can't walk with you. Well, I can, but you'd have to wake earlier. And I think you'll be sleeping now, heh? I'll buy you cake to make up for it! Anyway, let me know you received my message! Bye bye!'

You idiot.

The caller id shows that the message had been recorded at 6.03 AM. Even Mei doesn't wake up at 6 AM, though she makes breakfast every day.

After replaying the message five more times, you flop down on the sofa.

So Oikawa wasn't lying...

And you had gone ahead and called him whatnot. You definitely had to apologise to him, now.

Sitting up, you decide to go downstairs, before think back to what happened, again,

Even if he did left you those messages, why would he just kiss you out of the blue?

How can that stupid weirdo explain that?

---

a/n: //SCREAMING// guys, today marks one month since i first published this book, and you have no idea how thankful i am that you guys are enjoying my book. ♥ i love you guys so so much for all the nice comments, and y'all always make me laugh so much, bless. ♥

- een -