page 30 • scumkawa

The next day, Oikawa does not wait to walk with you to school.

He has something else planned for the day.

So when he puts his lunch tray on your table later that day, who could blame you for shrieking?

"EHHHH? What the hell are you doing here, you scumbag?!" You yell, immediately catching the attention from everyone surrounding you.

As if the fact that Oikawa had plopped his piled lunch tray on your table wasn't enough to get the buzzing girls around you to shoot their glares at you already.

Really, what on earth had you done to deserve this? You were perfectly fine until a certain IDIOT slammed a ball to your face.

Stupid Aoba Johsai.

You'd run away and hide in a hole if you could, but Mei's cooking is probably the only thing that kept you tied to here.

And probably Eiko, your best friend, who'd physically beat some sense to your sorry life whenever you needed it.

Probably.

"That's such a mean thing to call me, [Name]-chan!" He whines. "Why can't you call me Oikawa-senpai for once?"

"Fat chance." You can't help but pity-laugh at the boy. Really, he must have accidentally taken an overdose of the Shittykawa drug, if he thought you'd ever call him by his name properly and call him 'Senpai.'

A couple seconds later, Iwaizumi and Hanamaki pass by your table, and the two wing spikers kick Oikawa's shin as hard as possible, from both sides.

"Why the hell are you bugging her, you Crappykawa?" Iwaizumi asks, and Oikawa whines while rubbing his shin in pain.

"Iwa-chan, you're mean! Just let me have my lunch date with [Name]-chan."

"This is NOT a date."

"Oh, she says it's not a date. So I'll sit here too so that I can keep an eye on y-"

"Nope, [Name]-chan doesn't like you, she likes me. Now shoo, Iwa-chan." Oikawa pushes the Ace player away, and Iwaizumi stomps away with an irked expression on his face. Hanamaki seemed to have said something to Misaki, because within seconds, she gives a pat on your back before she stands up with her tray and follows him as well.

Wait, what?

"Misaki, you get back HERE." You hiss, but the girl only increases her speed and joins the two volleyball players, completely ignoring you.

"Uwah." A cry escapes from your lips, and you glance at Oikawa, who is busy dipping fish in soy sauce.

"I don't understand what problem you have with me. You're pretty cute the few seconds before and after I kiss you, why can't you always be like that?" He wants to know.

You tense up at the mention and scowl in response. You do not have the energy to deal with the idiot anymore, and you poke at your ice-cream sandwich with no interest.

"Hey, [Name]-chan, you'll give me chocolate on Valentine's day, right?"

"Huh? What makes you think I'd do that?"

"You don't need to be so shy, [Name]-chan." He says, reaching for your hair and patting your head softly. "I don't really accept any chocolate besides obligatory chocolate. But this time, when you give me yours, I'll accept your ones." He says and gives you a peace sign.

Your face turns red and you quickly swat his hand away from your head.

"Just keep your hands off from me. And Valentine's day isn't until like ages."

"I had to make sure you don't go ahead and get yourself a boyfriend or something."

You can only stare at the boy after that, and he is no help; staring right back at you.

"Oi, you idiot Oikawa, could you possibly want her more?" Matsukawa calls from the table Iwaizumi and the others had been sitting at, and the setter throws a frozen grape towards them before digging into his food.

And for the first time in like, ever, you could swear that he was blushing.

---

a/n: I'M YELLING REALLY LOUD BECAUSE //SCREAM/, THIS IS THE SECOND LAST CHAPTER //CRIES//

dm me the kind of scenes you want to see in the final chapter so that I can add them and stuff yAY! ♥

also: special thank you to katie and mar, who beta-read this part for me, i love you both soooo much, baes ;-; ♥