page 18 • simpletonkawa

"Oikawa, are you in love with [Name]-san?" Matsukawa wants to know, and there is pin-drop silence amongst the circle.

Until you begin your screeching, of course.

"He WHAT?!?!" You cry, but Hanamaki and Eiko swat their hands towards you, making you flinch.

"Oi, this part's good, shut the hell up." Even Mei hisses, turning back to stare at Oikawa. You knew your face would be red by now, and you couldn't look at Oikawa's face thanks to the fact that you were embarrassed as HELL.

Damn, why must this happen?

Matsukawa should just go and date Hanamaki instead of spew shit around, after all.

"Yeah."

The entire circle's gaze turns from Oikawa, to you, then back at Oikawa again.

"EHHHHHHH?!" Your scream is even louder this time, and you have to stand up to properly see the face of the brunette.

You knew you would freak out even more if Oikawa had the same expression he had when he saved you from the bullies during the cultural festival day. Or the day when he saved you from the Oikawa-fangirl.

For some reason, you can't get the expression on his face on those days out of your mind.

And you definitely couldn't take that stern expression again.

Gulping, you look down to Oikawa, and as feared, he is looking at you the same way. His pupils do not waver, his full concentration is set on you.

"Yeah, I am." He adds. Iwaizumi and Mei stand up at that, and they are staring right at him as well.

"Oi, Shittykawa, you don't just go around confessi-"

"SIKE."

There is silence again before Oikawa begins to roar with loud laughter, standing up.

"Oh my gosh, [Name]-chan, you should have seen your face right now, that was priceless!" He laughs in between, and the entire circle roars with laughter.

Everyone, except for Mei and Iwaizumi.

"Tooru, that's really harsh," Mei says, pausing when Iwaizumi slams Oikawa's bottom hard with his feet.

"Oi, Assikawa, I'm going to freaking throw a locker at you, you asshole! Apologize, right now!" He yells at the setter, and Oikawa falls down to his knees thanks to the kick.

"But it was so funny," Oikawa protests, turning to face you. "Even [Name]-chan would not-"

You can tell that he keeps on talking, but you can barely make out what he is saying anymore. You lower your gaze from the boy and turn to face the ground. For someone who knows to say five things when Oikawa says one, you were awfully at a loss for words now. Everyone had quieted down, even the brunette himself. You didn't know why your lips were trembling so hard, and you had a feeling that if you stayed for any longer, you'd burst out crying.

You turn around and make your way back to your room as fast as you can. You can hear people knocking on the door, and you think you even heard Oikawa's voice before you put your headphones and play your favourite song on full volume.

You sincerely hoped that the noise of your crying drowned out the same way, you really hoped that.

And you also thought that it was really unfair, realising how you felt towards him, right after this had happened.

---

a/n: scrEAM, what did you guys expect to happen in this chapter? ;-; buhuhu happy birthday to trashcan.exe and thank you for existing as the freaking douchebag that you are. you are loved, even though i will never ever admit that out loud to you, dammit (( good lord I am reader-chan af. XD ))

[20.08.2016]