Chapter 7- Accomplishments

For lleyitvivian thank you.

Nonso's POV

I turned up the volume of the plasma television in my office by a notch so that I could listen to the market price of stocks. It has risen tremendously and I was glad because that meant that polo luxuary was climbing up the economic ladder. More investments would be pouring in soon and my work would soon be done.
All I had to do was increase the performance target as well as incentives, because people would do anything for money which was good for me because I had extra money to spare for more profit.

The day was crawling which made me wonder why... maybe because I came in to work really early to get a hold of Meka but she had not resumed. Now, I sort for every opportunity to see her, talk to her, hear her laugh and call my name.

"What is wrong with me?" I said aloud before I detangled my tie desperately.
I barely got a shut eye last night because I was up thinking and questioning everything I felt for her because what I felt was not like Any thing I had ever felt. Not even for Kimberly who I thought I had loved. The time within which I fell for her was too short, I was scared it was nothing but infatuation or even lust.
I was attracted to her but I knew my heart was beating for her, not just for her beauty and figure but her heart, the kindness and peace that surrounded her,the warmth and hurt her eyes held when I looked into them last night. I noticed the warmth that quickly disappeared from her eyes right before she tore them from mine.
She had been hurt someway or the other, and it was confirmed when I moved in to kiss her.
Oh how I really wanted to kiss her. My only restraint was the fact that i did not want a relationship based on sexual attraction but friendship and true love.

I made up my mind in that moment that I was going to stay clear of Meka, avoid been alone with her not until I was sure that what I felt for her was really love. I don't want to hurt her, but I want to feel what she feels, I want to know what hurt her and I want to protect her and that is exactly what I am going to do.

------*****-----
Few minutes later, I was sitting at the back sit of my car with a jotter perched on my lap and a pen between my index and fore fingers. I was putting down new strategies I could take to advance the company while waiting for Mrs Ayobami, the HR manager or the representative she said she would send if she could not make it.
I was going out to seal some important deal with the top shareholders of an organisation. A venue had been set at oriental hotel for 2pm and I had barely an hour and 30 minutes to sort through the crazy traffic of Lagos to get there in time.

"Abdul please go and get the HR manager for me."

"Okay oga but she don come." Musa replied.

"She has?"
But before Musa could answer, the opposite door was opened and Mrs Ayobami poked her head into the car with Meka standing beside her.

"Sir, I am so sorry to delay you."

"No problem, can we get going?"

"Well, she would be going." She said, referring to Meka. "But I won't."

"Why?" I snapped.

"I have a doctor's appointment this morning Sir. I left a letter on your table informing you about it."

I looked from Mrs Ayobami to Meka and back to Mrs Ayobami before I nodded and brought out my I pad.

So much for avoiding Meka.

---------*******---------

Meka's POV

"Okay get in" Mrs Ayobami said reassuring me. Once I got in, I closed the door after me and greeted him.