Chapter 22 Next step

MEKA's POV

"Winning the war for talent with training and Development in the Nigerian private organizations."

I looked at the copy of my project in my hand and recited the topic again. I knew it! I wrote the project but somehow I was too nervous to recite it.

"Don't worry you will do great!"

I looked at Amaka and sighed. "I don't know why I am nervous. It's just project defence right? I would work in, dazzle them with this lucky suit" I touched the black suit and matching skirt I wore. "Answer all their questions and work out with an A."

"Exactly" Amaka gave me a thumbs up, as she sipped a cold drink.

"How are you even able to drink that! I am freezing and I am pressed."

She rolled her eyes "Stop panicking unnecessarily. You are the first class student, I don't know why you are even panicked."

"And you will be a first class student by the time the results are out."

Amaka snorted "Yeah right! I am a lost cause."

"4.45 isn't a lost cause. If you make the right A's, hello first class."

She laughed "So who is in your defense group."

" Tito, Somiari, Imaobong and Seun." I said, as I flipped through my project absent mindedly.

"Hmmmm Seun huh?" She cooed.

"Please! We are just friends." Seun was a very nice guy, who I shared a project supervisor with. We bonded on one of our long waits for our supervisor and discovered we had alot in common.

"Yeah yeah.." she rolled her eye, before imitating me "I was with Seun.. do you know Seun did this, but Seun is a nice guy.. Seun, Seun, Seun!"

"Hey!!" I dont say all that, neither do I talk like that."

"Really? Should I call Somiari to come and confirm it?"

"I..."

"The next group... Tito,  Somiari Imaobong, Meka and Seun. Can you come in please?"  I was interrupted by the lecturer who was calling in the next group. I inhaled deeply and released it gently.

"Don't worry dear, you will do great." Amaka encouraged.

Seun, who was standing a little distance away, came to my side and held my hands. "Are you ready for this?"

"Yes!" I said, giving his hand a gently squeeze.

The project defence turned out to be awesome. We were asked to discuss our topics briefly, our findings and recommendations. I had just a few corrections to make and I was certain I was getting an A.

"How was it ?" Amaka literally attacked me.

"It was great Amaka!"

"I told you. Congratulations dear. I told you it would be a piece of Cake."

"Yeah! You said that because you defended first and your panel memebers were nice"

She chuckled "I am favoured. Anyway It's time to celebrate!!!"

"Yesss!!!!" I cheered along excitedly. "June 24th here we come."

"OMG! The long awaited graduation is only a month away Meka." Amaka screamed along.

"Yes it is." Seun's voice came from behind and we both turned towards him.

"Hey!" I said with a generous smile. "How was it?"