Chapter 1

A/N: I'm baaaaaack! I know I said I was on hiatus, but this idea just started forming in my head, and once it blossoms, there's no stopping it. The attached picture is what you can imagine Venus looks like. Just as an FYI, Venus is of legal age, in my mind she's in her 20s. Her reason for being at Hogwarts is within the pages of this fic ;).)

Venus' POV
"Venus Rose Hastings! How long does it take to pack your belongings?!"
I stifled a laugh, rolling my eyes playfully as I closed my suitcase. With a wave of my hand, my suitcase was following behind me as I made my way down the stairs.
"Calm down, Dad, honestly. We're not gonna be late." I reassured, as I patted his arm.
My dad rolled his eyes at me.
There was a knock on the door, and I went to answer it. I smiled wide, jumping into the arms of the visitor.
"You came!!!" I exclaimed.
"What sort of boyfriend would I be if I didn't see my girl off?" Jasper's blue eyes pierced mine, and I shivered internally.
Jasper and I had been together for about two years. The first thing I noticed were his ocean-blue eyes. They left me speechless, and that was when I knew it was love.
I kissed him quickly, for the mere fact that we were in front of my Dad.
I looked up at Jas. "Promise you'll visit?"
He laughed, kissing my hands sweetly. "Of course."
I sighed, turning to my father.
"Are you sure I have to go?" I tried one more time.
My father nodded. "You know I have no choice."
I nodded in understanding, biting my lip.
I turned back to my boyfriend, and kissed him again, pulling away after a minute, our foreheads resting against each other.
"We'll write, V. I promise." Jasper muttered, and smiled.
"Trust me, I know."
I grabbed my suitcase, which had settled down on the floor. I gripped my Dad's arm. I winked at Jasper, just as we disappeared.
******
We landed outside of the front gates.
"Here we are. Hogwarts. You'll be safe here. The only one who knows of your situation is Albus Dumbledore." My dad explained, smiling down at me.
Before I could respond, I noticed an elderly wizard with a white beard making his way toward us. He waved his wand once, and we were able to walk through the front gates of the school.
Once we were through, he waved his wand once more, and I assumed he was locking it up.
"Charles, it's been quite some time."
"Good day, Albus. Thank you for doing this." My dad said, nudging me in the shoulder.
I rose an eyebrow at him in question.
Remembering my manners, I smiled genuinely at the wizard.
"I'm Venus, it's nice to meet you."
"Nice to finally meet you as well, Miss Hastings. Now come along, we have much to do."
My father and I followed him, as we made our way up the hill, and into the castle. My eyes widened at the architecture, classic. Regal.
"Impressive..." I muttered under my breath.
We approached a staircase, guarded by a gargoyle.
Dumbledore muttered something akin to candy, and the gargoyle moved.
We walked up the stairs, and entered the large office.
The headmaster motioned for us to sit. We did so, as I watched him pick up a scraggly witch's hat.
"Since you'll be staying here, you must be sorted into a house."
He placed the hat on my head, and before I could even prepare myself, the hat started to speak.

"What to do with you??? Smart, no doubt, motivated...but there's something within you...secret of sorts...a rising power...I say: SLYTHERIN!"

I flinched a bit, because the hat had yelled it. Before I could inquire as to what a Slytherin is, and why I felt so strange having been sorted into this house, the office door opened.
"Ah, Severus! There you are." Albus greeted, taking the hat off my head in the process.
I observed the man in the doorway, standing tall and regal, cascaded in black from head to toe. Even his hair was pitch black.
Well, at least he's consistent...
I kept quiet.
"What do you need, Albus?" This man, Severus, asked, although it looked like it pained him to do so.
"Venus, meet Professor Severus Snape, Potions Master of Hogwarts."
I rose an eyebrow, looking at him. He stared back at me, stone-faced.
Albus spoke again. "You're in luck. I have another Slytherin for you. If you'd be so kind as to escort her to the dormitories..."
Professor Snape scowled.
I furrowed my eyebrows.
What the hell has got his pants in a twist???
He turned around, and swiftly left Dumbledore's office.
"He's lovely..." I muttered sarcastically, and I heard my dad stifle a laugh, as he hugged me.
"Don't forget to write your dear old Dad." He teased.
I nodded, waving goodbye as I left the office and walked down the staircase. To my surprise, Professor Snape was waiting.
"Took you long enough.." He muttered, sneering down at me.
I looked at him, as we started walking. I waved my hand, and my suitcase started floating alongside me.
"Are you always this pleasant?" I replied sarcastically.
He ignored my question, but asked his own, which sounded more like a statement.
"You can do wandless magic." His low baritone growled.
I laughed. "Yeah, I can. Good observation."
He narrowed his eyes at me, but didn't respond.
We walked in silence then, until we stopped outside of what I assumed were the dungeons.
"The Slytherin dormitories and common room are through the door down the hall. Password is 'Salazar.' Dinner is at 6. I wouldn't advise being late."
With that, he stormed away, his black cape fanning behind him.
"Okay...bye!" I called after him, to which I got no response.
I let out a breath, as I uttered the password. The door opened, and I walked inside.
Green and silver liked every wall, and I nodded in appreciation at the decor.
"You must be Venus."
I looked at the boy. "Yeah...and?"
"I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. I was told to show you around."
I smiled slightly. "Thanks, but I'd rather just get settled in."
He gave me a look. "Girl's dormitories are up the left stairs, the only room I've been told, that's available."
I led myself and my belongings up the stairs, and walked into the room with my last name plaqued on it.
I noticed a set of robes, and a uniform with a green tie. A piece of paper sat beside it, a schedule.
'And here we go...'
******
A/N: so that's the first chapter! More to come.