Chapter 6

(A/N: the picture attached is of actor Paul Wesley, who you can imagine as Jasper, who is a pretty fine specimen of man.)

A couple weeks later
I had been a "student" of Hogwarts for a few weeks now. My classes and the students I came into contact with, especially Natalie, were very welcoming.
There was just one person who made it his mission to be otherwise:
Snape.
Since I stormed out of the detention he had given me weeks earlier, he's either ignored my presence, or been especially cruel to me.
And don't even get me started on the number of detentions.
Not that I give a damn. He clearly has personal issues he needs to sort out..
Which kind of made me wonder as to what they were.....
I mean, everyone has a rhyme or reason for the way they are, right?

The two other schools participating in the Tri-Wizard tournament were arriving today. Hogwarts was abuzz with excitement and anticipation. I myself was pretty stoked.
Having always been attending muggle schools or homeschooled for certain reasons, the atmosphere of magic made everything more exciting.
We were all on our way to the Great Hall to await the arrival of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.
I was walking next to Natalie, laughing at a joke she had made, when I heard my name shouted in excitement.
I turned around, and I couldn't contain the happy tears that filled my eyes at the sight.
I launched myself into Jasper's arms, not caring about anything else at that moment. I hugged him tightly, my legs wrapped around his torso, as he chuckled, strong arms tightened around my waist.
"V.." He breathed into my ear, and I could hear the smile in his voice.
I giggled, and kissed his cheek, as he set me down on the ground.
"What are you doing here?! You were only supposed to come for the Yule Ball!!" I asked in surprise, gripping his hands in mine.
He smiled, and I felt my insides quiver in delight.
"Your dad pulled some strings, and convinced Professor Dumbledore to let me stay for the length of the tournament and the ball."
I smiled too, "That's amazing. Which dormitory?"
"Slytherin."
I gave him a wicked smile, and he rose an eyebrow playfully. "What?"
"I'm a Slytherin."
His eyebrows rose again in disbelief..
"Hmmm....interesting."
I smirked. "Indeed it is."
I kissed him then, savoring the taste of his lips after not having done so for over three weeks.
"Boundaries, Miss Hastings." I heard a voice growl, and I rolled my eyes discreetly at Jasper, before turning to face Professor Snape.
"No offense Professor, but mind your own business." I said, flashing him a polite smile.
His eyes narrowed, and I could tell his blood was boiling.
"You are in the midst of Hogwarts students and staff, the least you could do is control your teenage hormones." Snape retorted, giving me a disgusted once-over.
An emotion I couldn't place flashed in his eyes for a split second, and then it was gone.
Without allowing me a response, which seemed to be the norm, he glided away and into the Great Hall.
Jasper gave me a questioning look, and I rolled my eyes yet again. "Don't mind him, he's just a Grumpy Old Git."
My boyfriend laughed, which was music to my ears. Hand in hand, we walked into the Great Hall. Eyes were following us, and they weren't only the eyes of students.
It was him as well. I could feel it.
Shaking it off, I pulled Jasper down into the seat next to me, introducing him to Natalie as well.

As Dumbledore announced the arrival of the other two schools, I tuned out. I couldn't keep my hands off of Jasper. I was either caressing his hand or kissing his cheek incessantly. I had missed him so much, it was crazy. I still couldn't believe he was really here, and that he was staying for a bit. This couldn't be any better.

A bit later
Students were retiring to bed, as soon as dinner was over. Jasper and I stayed in the Great Hall just talking until I broke of my haze and realized we were the only ones left, student and staff gone already.
Using that fact, I figured it was almost curfew, or past it. Hurriedly grabbing his hand, and pulling him along, we fast-walked down to the dungeons.
We stopped outside the common room, and as though the temperature increased tenfold at lightening speed, I was pushed up against the wall, our lips connected. His hands were placed on my waist, and mine threaded in Jasper's hair.
I moaned a little as his tongue slid into my mouth. We kissed passionately for a few more minutes before I pulled back, breathless.
"We should get some sleep." I managed to say.
Jasper flashed me a look, desire in his eyes.
I laughed, teasingly pushing him away.
"What a surprise." A voice drawled from out of the darkness.
I looked up, to find an illuminated wand, attached to the hand of the Potions Master.
I looked at Jasper, "Go. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you."
Jasper smiled genuinely, placing a kiss on my forehead. "Love you too, V."
With that, he disappeared into the Slytherin common room.
I crossed my arms, raising an eyebrow at Snape.
"Is there a particular reason that you're spying on me?" I growled.
Snape sneered. "Don't flatter yourself, Miss Hastings. I was merely doing my night of hallway patrol. It's not my fault that you and that imbecile weren't more discreet. You seem to love disrespecting authority."
I chuckled. "Nope, just yours. And by the way, we weren't doing anything. Not that it would matter anyway, seeing as though all I have to do is breathe, and you're giving me detentions!!!"
Snape just looked at me, and I couldn't place his expression. I refrained myself from shifting on my feet. Instead, I stared him down just as he was doing to me.
After another second, he spoke. "Get to your room, before I give you detention."
I snorted rudely. "How predictable."
He glared at me, tone dangerously low. "Go. Now."
I just smirked, and without saying another word, muttered the password, and walked inside.

Snape's POV
I watched Miss Hastings disappear into the common room. I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration, letting out a sigh.
That girl was going to be the death of me, I know it.
********