Chapter 12

Venus' POV
The next day
I woke up the next morning, upset at everything. My insides felt hollow, as if everything had been removed, and I was just a shell.
I had been with Jasper for two years of my life. I was thinking about marriage with him, and he had told me all about the future he had planned for us.
I guess love is blind.
And last night at the Yule Ball opened my eyes.
I laid in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I didn't have the motivation to get up and go to breakfast, let alone any classes.
The other person on my mind was the last one I would expect to be: Professor Snape, Potion's Master.
Something had sparked between us last night, and it seemed like it took all his willpower to step away from me. I hate to admit this to myself, but I felt hypnotized as soon as he caressed my cheek, and looked into my eyes.
It was so strange.
I closed my eyes.
What was happening to me? I'm heartbroken, but I felt less so when I was in Professor Snape's arms, and when I was inches away from him.
How can you go from hating someone so much to....whatever this feeling was?
I let out a groan, as I turned over in my bed, facing the window.
'Pull yourself together, Venus.' I chastised myself.
********
I woke up a few hours later after falling asleep, to Natalie nudging me in the shoulder.
I looked up at her.
"What?" I asked.
"Why weren't you in classes? And at breakfast?" She asked me, situating herself on the edge of my bed.
I sighed. "Jasper and I broke up last night. He cheated on me, and who knows how long it was going on for. Maybe that trollop was the reason he even came here in the first place."
Natalie patted my hand. "I'm so sorry, Venus. You want me to hex him for you?"
I laughed a little. "No it's okay. Karma will get him. It's only a matter of time."
I sat up now, propping myself up with my elbow.
"Did I miss everything?"
Natalie nodded. "Just about. Speaking of, Professor Snape wishes to see you in his office. I have no idea as to why."
My heart started pounding.
"Um..okay. I'm going to take a shower, and then I'll be right out."
I got out of my bed, and made my way to my bathroom, and started a shower.
I stood there under the waterfall, thinking.
What does Professor Snape want? Does it have to do with what ALMOST occurred last night?
Ohhhh man.
I washed my hair and body, shaved myself fresh, and stepped out.
I wandlessly dried my hair and body, and 'Accio'ed my house uniform into the bathroom, and pulled it on.
I walked out of my dorm, down to the common room, and out into the corridor.
There weren't many students in the hall, most seemed to be outside.
The walk down to the dungeons had my knees shaking, but I kept myself standing.
Why was I so nervous?
Because I was in such a haze, I didn't realize I was now standing outside of his office.
I took in my courage through a deep breath, and knocked twice on the door.
"Enter."
My heart was still pounding, yet I opened the door and walked inside.
Professor Snape was sitting at his desk, arms crossed, as he leaned back a bit. I stood by the door.
"Why did you need to see me?" I asked him, breaking the tension.
"You skipped my class." He drawled, giving me a look.
I rolled my eyes. "I did no such thing."
He rose an eyebrow. "Oh really? Then you're implying I imagined your empty chair next to Miss Brown?"
I sighed. "Okay, I skipped your class....but don't take it personally..I skipped all of them today. And breakfast."
Professor Snape stood up, and made his way to the front of his desk, leaning against it, arms still crossed.
"And what was your reasoning behind this?" He asked me.
"I guess I just wanted to be alone." I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest, as if to shield myself.
I met my Professor's eyes, and it almost looked like he understood what I was feeling.
There was silence for a moment.
"The offer still stands." Professor Snape stated.
I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Offer?"
"To hex that imbecile of a boy."
I smiled a little, and so did Professor Snape.
"Noted. Thank you."
"However..."
I rolled my eyes.
"You will have detention at 7'o clock tonight for skipping my class, Miss Hastings. I expect you to be prompt."
I didn't have a comeback, so I just nodded.
Snape motioned towards his office door.
"Now go. Eat something. Be social."
I laughed, which surprised me, and made Professor Snape look at me in bewilderment.
"Why don't you follow your own advice,  sir?"
He glared at me. "I don't enjoy the company of people."
"You don't say." I replied sarcastically, giving him a pointed look.
A twitch of a smirk seemed to line his lips, but disappeared seconds later.
"Get out, Miss Hastings."
I smiled, and exited his office.
*********