Chapter 14

Venus' POV
The next day I woke up, and I felt even emptier than before. I didn't know what was going on with me. I felt embarrassed, and heartbroken. Heartbroken because of Jasper, and embarrassed because I kissed Professor Snape. There was no way I could face the man; I threw myself at him like some two bit tramp.
The sting of rejection as he walked away from me last night hurt more than I would have thought.
My mind was clouded. What have I become? Was I using Professor Snape as a rebound to mend my heart?
The butterflies fluttering in my stomach at just the thought of him proves otherwise.
I groaned in frustration, turning over in my bed, to face the window.
He kissed me back.
That revelation brought a small smile to my lips.
If only for a second, Professor Snape wanted to kiss me.
That in itself shows me that he has emotions, he just hides them away.
I flipped over in my bed again. Today was Saturday, so there were no classes taking place.
I got out of bed, and stepped in the shower. I was done in no time, and I dressed myself in some jeans and a v neck black t shirt. I pulled on my knee high boots, and stuck my wand in them.
I fixed my hair, and didn't bother putting on any makeup. I threw on my coat, and buttoned it up.
I walked down the stairs and the common room was rather empty. I didn't know where Natalie was, so I just kept walking.
Eventually, I made my way outside, wrapping my coat tighter around me. I walked the way to Hogsmeade, and against my better judgement, I decided to get a drink.
I'd hadn't had a drink in ages, but I needed something to numb my mind.
There was too much taking it over.
I sat down at the bar, the closest seat. I gestured to the bartender, and he came over.
"What can I get ya?" He asked, giving me a once over.
"Whiskey sour, and two shots of vodka cherry." I listed, and he walked away.
He came back about ten minutes later with my drinks. I downed the two shots, and I felt amazing.
I started sipping my whiskey sour, until it turned into me gulping it down in record time.
I sighed, and left some money on the bar for the tab, and I left, not really knowing what to do with myself. I exited out the side door, and found myself in an alleyway. My vision was becoming blurry, and my mind a haze, the drinks hitting me all at once.
I kept walking though.
Until my legs gave out, and I fell back against the building.
I slid down, dropping to the ground, sitting there in the light snow.
I closed my eyes, taking a breath.
I don't  know long I sat there.
I then heard a voice, but it felt distant.
I heard rustling next to me, and then it seemed to appear in front of my body.
I opened my eyes, and despite everything, my heart raced.
I was tongue-tied, as Professor Snape looked at me. I couldn't read his eyes, but what else is new?
I felt my eyes filling with tears, so I closed them, rolling my head to the side.
I swallowed, finally finding my words.
"You're not really here." I could hear a slight slur in my words.
I felt his hands grip my waist gently, and pull me up on my feet.
I backed up against the wall, still too embarrassed to look at him.
"Miss Hastings, you are too intoxicated to think clearly." I heard Snape say.
"I am perfectly fine." I muttered, as I started to walk, which resulted in me losing my balance, and starting to fall. If it weren't for Professor Snape's quick hands around my waist, I would have.
"Oh sure you are; is that why you almost fell on your face?" He snarled.
I sighed, starting to shiver.
"You're freezing. Come along, let's get you back to the castle."
I tried to protest, I really did, but I couldn't find the words. My head was spinning and I didn't know if it was only from the alcohol.
I allowed the Potions Master to assist me back up to the castle. All the students were either in their common room, or down at Hogsmeade, so the halls were empty.
We made our way down to the Dungeons, and to my surprise, Professor Snape kept walking, right past the dormitories.
He muttered a password towards a door a minute later, and it opened.
He helped me inside, and despite my intoxicated mind, I just knew we were in his private quarters.
He led me to the couch, and I laid back on the pillows, closing my eyes.
I heard some ruckus coming from a distant room, and seconds later, I felt his presence crouched down beside me. I opened one eye, and saw him offering me a glass of water.
I pushed it away, closing my eyes again.
"Drink it, Venus." He muttered, annoyance lacing his tone.
I shook my head.
"I don't want to feel." I whispered.
I could feel him staring at me, but instead I turned away, facing the couch.
I heard him place the water down on the table, and stand up again.
Seconds later, I felt him place a warm blanket on me. I shivered again.
I felt myself drifting into dreamland, and just as I did, I could have sworn I felt him tuck a strand of hair gently behind my ear.
*****