Chapter 18

Venus' POV, 1 week later

Dear Venus,
You haven't written me since the beginning of the school year, and I'm very worried, and very upset. The only word I've gotten about your well-being is from Jasper, indicating to me that you guys have broken up. That was the last I've heard from him. What happened???
You must be having a good time, and making lots of friends, so I'll forgive you for not writing your Dear Old Dad.
The real reason I am writing is that, unfortunately, you can't come back home. It is no longer safe for you. Myself included, I am hiding out with a friend of mine. I'm so sorry this has happened. I've spoken to Professor Dumbledore and he has assured me that he has a safe place for you to stay until otherwise necessary.
I love you, Venus, and I'll owl you as soon as I can.
Do not reply to this letter.
Love,
Dad

I blinked, shocked as I finished reading. This person, or whatever, must be a huge threat, if I can't even come back and live safe in my own home. I wanted to cry, but I knew it wouldn't help anything.
Now there was the matter of where I was going to live.
I sighed, folding the letter in my hands, and making my way out of the common room, and into the corridor. I made the trek to Dumbledore's office. I opened my mouth to try and guess his password, but before I could, the staircase opened.
I rolled my eyes playfully.
Professor Dumbledore really is all-knowing.
I walked up the stairs, and knocked on his office door.
"Come in." I heard his distant voice say. I did so, closing the door behind me.
I stopped in my tracks, staring at Professor Dumbledore, and Severus, who seemed to have been in mid-conversation.
I bit my lip. "Is this a bad time?"
Dumbledore smiled. "Not in the slightest. I was expecting you."
I smiled back. "I figured that was the case when the staircase spun around by itself."
Dumbledore gave me an amused look. Severus didn't say anything.
There was a moment of silence before he spoke again.
"You two can quit the charade, I'm aware of what's going on."
My eyes widened. "You are?!"
I glanced at Severus, who looked surprised, but wasn't showing it on his face.
"As headmaster, I must know everything that goes on within these walls. But don't be alarmed, I won't tell a soul. One cannot help their feelings, but no one else must know. A lot could be lost." Dumbledore's gaze passed between Severus and I.
I cleared my throat. "Um, alright."
I looked at Severus, and I wanted to laugh at the look on his face.
I turned back to Dumbledore. "So since you were expecting me, then you must know of my dilemma. My father told me you had somewhere for me to stay until further notice."
The headmaster's gaze fell on Severus. "As a matter of fact, I do. And I'm sure it would be satisfactory for all the parties involved." He gave me a knowing look, and Severus crossed his arms in a huff.
This time, I couldn't help myself, and I started laughing. Severus glared at me, but I could see a hint of amusement in his eyes as well.
I shrugged. "It's fine by me. At least I know I'll be safe."
I smirked at Severus, who rose an eyebrow attractively.
Dumbledore clapped his hands together. "It's settled then. When term ends, you will leave with Professor Snape."
I nodded, indicating I understood.
With that, I bid the headmaster goodbye, and left his office. I hadn't even walked down the steps, when the door opened again, and Sev came out.
I couldn't resist.
I faced him, smirking.
"Seems as though there's no getting rid of me."
He smirked then, crossing his arms. "Miss Hastings, you are insufferable."
I laughed, as I stepped closer to him. I searched for witnesses, before pecking him on the cheek sweetly.
"Don't act like you don't love it." I purred, my breath tickling his ear.
I chuckled breathlessly as he tensed.
I pulled back, looking up at him from under my lashes.
I didn't get a chance to breathe before his hand found the back of my neck, urging me against his lips. I obliged, wrapping my arms around his neck.
The kiss only lasted a moment, but it felt like an eternity.
We pulled apart, and I couldn't control the grin that laced my lips.
I searched his face, before speaking.
"See you at the last Task, Professor."
His eyes shined with dark amusement, as I turned around, walked down the stairs, and disappeared out of sight.
*******
A/N: okay, good news. Drum roll please.............There will be a sequel to this story!
This is the first Snape fic I've done this for, but there's so much I want to happen, that I'm going to split it into two books, a slim chance of three. There will be two more chapters of this book, and then I will start working on the sequel, whose title will be stated in the last chapter. Okay, so comment, vote!
-Hannah x