14. Eventide

14. Eventide

I know I should've addressed this issue a long time ago. By the way, thanks to Kiki Bee for the idea.

Haven't you guys noticed? Almost every JTK encounter happens at night! Yesh, even my stories begin at night!

I'm not saying that this is a bad thing; it's just cliché. It has occurred a lot of times in many stories, so it's considered as cliché. Mind you, not all of the things I list here are bad, okay? They are just cliché.

Moving on, it's not bad that Jeff met your character at night; I'm just saying that it's just like any other stories that occurred at night!

Exemplar:

I was walking on my way home when I heard a rustle from the trees. Then, a boy in a white hoodie jumped on me yelling, "GO TO SLEEP!"

Yeah.

The thing that makes this scene pretty inevitable to write is that Jeff is trying to keep his identity secret by attacking at night. Or, he's trying to get you to go to sleep. I mean, why make you sleep in the freaking morning? Jeff could be sleeping in the morning, right?

Imagine this. You are taking your morning jog when Jeff jumps on you and says, "Go to sleep!"

You know what I'd say?

"Dude, it's just the crack of dawn. I just woke up. Judging from your look, maybe you should be the one going to sleep."

That's all. Seriously, I’m out of words.