[0.4 - family ties]

"I'm pretty sure I can't be in the locker room, Stiles." Jack stated, as he trailed behind Stiles. The spastic boy forced Jack to follow him so he could sit on the bench with him. Jack agreed, only because Stiles was pretty much his closest friend in school.

"Yeah, whatever. No one is going to say anything so be quiet." Stiles said, as he led the way through the locker room. However, before they were even near the exit, both boys spotted Scott with a saddened look on his face.

"Did you apologize to Allison?" Stiles asked, leaning a bit on Jack. Moving away from him, Stiles stumbled and almost fell from Jack's sudden movement. Letting out a laugh, it had been the first time Jack had ever shown a smile.

"Yeah." Scott mumbled, the petrified look still apparent in his face.

"So is she giving you a second chance or?"

"Yeah, but she says there's another guy that she needs to give a chance too." Scott explained, making Jack's attention snap to the conversation.

"Yeah! All right, so everything's sorta good! You still have a chance." Stiles encouraged as Jack have Scott a thumbs up.

"No."

"No? What happened?" Jack asked, trying to at least be civil with Scott from the incident the day before.

"Remember the hunters?" Scott asked, as both Jack and Stiles nodded. Stiles had informed Jack that Scott had been shot from a group of hunters last night while he was in the forest. "Her dad is one of them."

Soon Scott told them that Allison's father was the one to shoot him. Jack began to laugh at the irony, "This is exactly like Romeo and Juliet, except neither of you die."

"I'm glad my pain brings you happiness, I really am." Scott scowled as he closed his eyes and appeared to almost cry.

"He didn't recognize you, right?" Stiles asked, as he grabbed a glove from the floor and gave it to his friend.

"No, no, no, I don't think so."

"Well that's all that matters for now." Jack encouraged as Finstock's whistle was heard.

"Okay, just focus on lacrosse, okay?" Stiles said, "Here, Scott, take this. Take this and focus on lacrosse for now, okay?  That's all you gotta do, yeah?"

Soon Scott began to get ready as Jack sat on the bench alongside Stiles. Practice started and Jack had began to get nostalgic. The roughness of the game reminded him of hockey. Jack then remembered that sign-ups for hockey was soon and he desperately needed to practice.

"Crap." Jack groaned and that gained Stiles attention.

"Are you okay?! Is it your ice powers or-" Stiles bombarded as Jack cut him off.

"No! No, no, no. We are not discussing that here." Jack explained, as he wanted to forget about the whole thing if him being able to manifest ice.

"Then?"

"I need to practice for hockey tryouts that are coming."

"Oh, you play field hockey? Y'Know that's kinda like lacrosse."

"No, I play ice hockey."