[1.1 - snow magician]

"Are you okay? You look horrible."

A couple days after finding out that Derek Hale was his cousin and that his soon-to-be girlfriend's family killed a majority of his family, Jack felt numb. When he went to school he was quiet, avoiding Allison and his two friends. Jack wanted a break and that didn't seem to be an option with his phone blowing up every minute.

"Thanks, Sophia." Jack mumbled in his pillow as he laid in bed. The eldest child only left his bed to go to school, but once he came home; he flopped himself back into bed and a routine seemed to occur.

Standing in his doorway, his little sister sighed as she stepped into his messy room and walked towards his bed. Taking a seat beside him, Sophia spoke, "Derek told me that Scott's a werewolf and that you're some snow magician, y'know."

Sophia noticed her brother's shoulder tense, "You could have told me, Jack. Even though you think I'm not capable of understanding, I am. I'm not your naive little sister that you had to keep an eye on in Minnesota. I'm a teenage werewolf, I smell and hear things that I'm not supposed to; you're able to create snow. Our lives have changed since we've moved here, Jack.

We need to help each other recreate what was normal for us both. So you need to get yourself out of bed and go hang out with Scott and Stiles. Heck even go out on a date with Allison. Just do something besides lay in bed and feel bad about yourself."

"I can't go out with Allison." Jack groaned as he turned onto his back and faced his little sister. Sophia had her brunette hair up in a bun and her usual ivory colored skin was now a warm beige.

"What do you mean?"

"I found dad." Jack stated simply, watching Sophia's confused expression turn to a blank one. She stayed like that for a few minutes before she began attacking her brother with questions.

"Sophia, he's in the hospital. You were right, mom goes everyday to go visit him."

"Wait — what does Allison have to do with dad?" Sophia asked.

"Dad's in the hospital because of Allison's family. He's a werewolf and they lit up the home he was in and it killed a lot of his family. He's severely burned and he's unable to move or speak. He's basically a rag doll." Jack spoke noticing that both his eyes and Sophia's were watering up. "Allison's family killed our family and basically killed dad. His name is Peter Hale, meaning —"

"Derek's our cousin." Sophia finished as a few tears fell from her eyes and cascaded down her cheeks. "Jack, what the Argents did wasn't right but you can't blame Allison for that. From what you've told me, Allison wouldn't hurt anyone so don't place blame for her family's actions onto her. It isn't fair to her. And it isn't fair to Scott or Stiles for you to avoid them because of this either."

"Since when did you become the older sibling?" Jack teased, a smile appearing onto his face as he sat up. Laughing, Sophia lightly shoved Jack and stood from his bed.

"Shut up and call your girlfriend. She's probably worried sick because of you." Sophia said as she began to walk out of Jack's room. "And can you go take me to see him? Dad, I mean."

"Of course, Soph."

❄️

"Where the hell have you been?!" Stiles yelled as he spotted Jack leaning against his locker. Scott was trailing in the back, being a bit tired from his talk with Derek the night before.