[0.8 - rebecca frost and peter hale]

Rebecca Frost was screwed to say the least. The young girl had a group project after school and finished it once the sun was setting, meaning she was running late. Her father had told her to be home before sun down and to respect her father's wish that meant she had to take a shortcut through the woods. The brunette had entered the woods only once before and that was to take a photo of some trees for her freshmen photography class.

Growing up in Beacon Hills, Rebecca Frost was a quiet, soft-spoken girl. She followed the rules and always listened to her parents, which had her labeled as a 'square'. Though, it really did not bother her because she was just trying to make it through high school. Once graduating, she planned to move away travel. However, it would be helpful to have a sense of direction in her case. Maybe then she wouldn't be lost in the middle of the reserve, walking in circles with the thick trees confusing her.

Sighing, Rebecca took off her backpack and went to pull out her compass. She went through her bag for a few minutes before she realized it was gone. The brunette groaned, wondering if she was forever stuck in the thicket.

"Looking for this?" A voice asked, making Rebecca's snap in the direction of where a boy stood. Jet black hair with eyes a sky blue, both contrasting each other but in a way that had the girl in awe. Peter Hale was the talk of Beacon Hills High School. He was a year ahead of Rebecca but nonetheless the sophomore before her had many boys envious as girls fawned over him in every grade.

Peter smirked, knowing how predictable her reaction was. Opening his hand as he let the small compass dangle. Eyes widening as she seen the missing item of hers in the hand of the teen who was leaning on a tree with a smug expression.

"Yes," Rebecca began, her voice very soft and timid in front of the boy who made her feel as small as an ant, "I thought I lost it."

"Well, if it wasn't for me it would be lying in some leaves to never be found again. Thankfully, I seen you drop it and decide to follow you to make sure you wouldn't get lost." Furrowing her eyebrows, Rebecca gave Peter a confused gaze.

"I've been lost for maybe twenty minutes and you're deciding to return it to me now?" Rebecca questioned, wanting to know he stayed hidden until now. Was this a game to him? Was it amusing to see a girl lost in the woods?

"It appears so." Peter acknowledged, walking towards the petite brunette. "It was funny to see the many emotions that appeared on your face: fear, anger, frustration."

"You're very sadistic." Rebecca blurted out, not registering what she said until it was out in the open. Her cheeks began to tint as she quickly looked away from the teen's gaze. What happened next was something that Rebecca would not have expected. A loud laugh sputtered out of Peter's lips, tears wanting to slip out.

"I like you." Peter stated as he regained his posture and stopped in front of the brunette he towered over. "You say what you think."

Rebecca didn't have the chance to respond as Peter walked away. Confused as his actions, the small brunette asked, "Where are you going?"

His striking blue eyes turned and met her brown ones. "You're planning on going home, right? I'm going to assume that you are and recommend that you follow me."

Not questioning him, Rebecca followed Peter as she trailed behind him. Silence engulfed the two as the only sound that was made was the cracking of the fallen leaves under their feet as they walked. Rebecca admired the sight of the shaggy black hair teen who led her back home. Within minutes, the endless scene of trees and shrubs ended and introduced the sight of homes.