Chapter 3

Lauren's POV

She fainted. She really fainted. I knew she was going to react crazy but i didn't expect her to pass out. My instincts kicked in and i ran to catch her just in time. She was light, which was weird because a girl with that big of an ass should have extra weight. Poor Camila, there is a lot more information for her to hear and I'm not sure how I'm going to explain it to her. Truth is, as you might have heard, I'm a vampire. Yes I suck blood and superpowers blah blah blah but most importantly I was destined to protect and be with Camila, she is my "soul mate" as humans call it. My job is to protect her and not let anything happen to her. Now I know what your thinking, But she gets bullied and hurt in school and you've done nothing to help her! Trust me I've tried but it's not that simple. I'm not allowed to show my face to her or let her know that I exist until she is 18. It's stupid I know but I have to follow it because it's in the dumb Vampire Supreme Rule Book and if I don't I'll be sent to another realm far far away from her and that just kills me. I maybe a cold blooded vampire but I still have a heart! Anyways, as you, I obviously saw I broke that rule by invading her dreams. I needed her to know I was there for her somehow. I was getting sick and tired of those wimps hurting her and I reached my boiling point after the stunt they pulled today; they won't lay one finger on her from now on trust me. I know I'm going to get in trouble with my headmaster for this but right now I don't give two shits. I mean, wouldn't you do the same for the person you loved?

I've been hiding from Camila her whole life, a whole 16 years. I would jump on trees and watch her read and use her computer through her window and just stare at her adorable self. It's not creepy! . . . Maybe a little but how else would I get to see her without her noticing me. She was totally oblivious to the fact that someone was admiring her beauty and her sweet presence. I knew she was the one ever since she was born, I just felt it and smelled her sweet blood all the way from my house that is miles away from hers. And no I don't have the sensation to suck her blood, she's my soul mate not some random person. I only do it to take away pain or any harmful substance that gets in her bloodstream.

I fixed her position in my arms and made sure she was secure. I positioned myself and jumped on top of the tall tree that that in front of me. I looked around taking in the mellowness of the woods and started jumping from tree to tree in a fast pace. I jumped off the last tree and landed perfectly as I made sure no impact was put on Camila. I brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear and she tightened her grip around me, pushing her face deeper into my chest. I looked up and noticed the all to familiar wooden cabin in the same condition I left it, its multi-colored wood showing how old it is and opened windows letting the fresh air in. I found this place a LONG time ago, I believe 568 years ago I forget, but I was roaming the woods when I found it and quickly felt in love with it. It was like my own little place. I made my way through the door and to the warned out couch, laying Camila's sleeping body on it. It is my responsibility to protect her and I'm going to start now, fuck the rules she is more important.

But what amazed me was that she was still asleep after all that jumping and wind blowing. I kissed her forehead and made my way to the kitchen with a smile on my face. I opened the fridge looking for something to drink since I know she will be thirsty when she wakes up after the blood I sucked out of her. What do humans like to drink, water or juice? Hawaiian punch to be exact, there is also milk, oh well guess I'll just take all three to her. I poured each drink in a separate glass cup and made my back to the living room. Camila was now awake, sitting up and rubbing her temples with her eyes closed. I placed the drinks on the table and fell on the couch sitting next to her. My movements got her attention and her eyes widen as she meet my gaze. I shot her a toothless smile and sat Indian style facing her, this should be fun.

Camila's POV

I opened my eyes and I shut them back closed when an immense pain shot through my head. I tried getting up but I was to weak to even pick my head up from the cushion. Hold up . . . a cushion? How the? A burst of energy and fear enveloped my body as I quickly got to my feet. I ignored the pain that shot through my head and looked around trying to figure out where I was. I definitely wasn't in the woods anymore because it seems as if I was in a little cabin like house, it had its own living room, a kitchen, and two doors I suspect to be the bathroom and bedroom. The last thing I remember is a pair of green eyes and someone telling me they were a vampire. Oh yeah . . . the girl in my dreams confirmed to being a vampire. That's weird. I took in and let out a shaky deep breath as an attempt to lower my heart rate down, sitting back down on the couch. I started massaging my temples when I suddenly felt someone sit next to me and my eyes nearly popped out of my head as I recognized who it was. She gave me a toothless smile and I must say she is attractive. She pointed to the coffee table and there were three drinks on it: milk, water, and juice.