Chapter 6

Lauren's POV

I love messing around with Camila, her reactions are just so adorable and precious. After our laughter died down she started to pay attention to class. Her small hands scribbling down information the teacher was saying at a steady pace. Her luscious brown hair covered half of her beautiful face and I was dying to tuck it behind her ear but stopped myself. She took out her big framed glasses and placed them on the bridge of her nose. She looked so cute with them on that I found it hard to look away. How can someone be so beautiful? After admiring the lovely girl next to me I tried paying attention to what the guy in front of us was saying. All I could muster was a blank expression to his long lecture about the Civil War, just so I could seem a bit interested when I really wasn't. This class is so boring. Why do you even need to know the history of this country? I mean what really matters is the future am I right?

"Damn she really is a hardcore nerd, look at her Harry Potter glasses!" My eyes shot open as I over heard someone from the back whisper. Silent giggles followed as I noticed Camila shut her eyes as if she was trying to hold back tears. I turned around slowly as I tried to calm myself down. The guy with the Snap Back and the guy that tried to pull a move on me earlier were laughing their asses off, trying to make as minimal noise as possible. As soon as they noticed my presence they quickly shut up looked down at their books. The guy with the Snap Back on the other hand stayed looking at me with challenging eyes. Oh no little boy you picked the wrong person to start something with. I turned around and noticed Camila staring at me with a worried expression; she quickly looked away as I caught her gaze with mine. A blush caressed her cheeks as she buried her face in her book again. Oh how I just want to hold her in my arms and have her warm body touching mine. Stop getting distracted Lauren you came here to protect her not google over her!

The class ended quickly after that, I mean I didn't pay attention I just started at Camila the whole time and maybe read her thoughts . . . Ok I did.

"What do we have next Camz?" I asked. She struggled to find her schedule as she fumbled with the 4 books she had in her arms. Her thin arms shaking as she tried to balance them so she can take out her schedule. A kid bumped her shoulder while she stood in front of her locker causing her to lose balance and drop her books, taking her down with them. I quickly went to her side and stopped her from falling with one arm, as my other arm grabbed all the books before they fell.

"You Ok Camz?" I asked while she regained her posture and tried to grab her books, but I pulled them away. "Woah you think I'm going to let you carry all these books again after you almost broke your face?" She shook her head and smiled at me. If I have to carry her whole locker so she wouldn't get hurt then so be it.

"Lauren I'm ok see." She said and started flapping her limbs like she was some sort of bird. This girl is so silly.

"That's great. But I'm still not giving you all these books." There were 2 thick textbooks, 1 hardcover, and 1 thin book. If she had to carry all of these books everyday this girl must be brawlic on the inside. I'll find out later.

"Come on Lolo it feels weird not carrying them around." Her adorable, innocent was making me change my mind by the second. Come on Lauren don't fall for it!

"Fine. Here." I said while giving her the thinnest book. We started are way to our next class, my arm around her shoulder as I kept my eyes out for those obnoxious humans from earlier. They were seriously on my bad side, and that's a side you don't want to be on. As we walked to class I took this time to examine all of the other humans in the school. Some were loud and hyper while others were calm and neutral. I don't think I would be able to survive with them, they all just seemed so fake. Small hands came into my vision as I felt my sunglasses being pushed back.

"They were falling off. Don't want that to happen now do we Ms. Vampire?" I smiled at her reference towards me. She was smiling back with her brown eyes shinning as they examined my own, if she could see them. Her face dropped as worry and fear filled her features. I raised an eyebrow confused to why she looked like she was about to pee herself. "Lolo your-your eyes. I can see them." She raised a shaking finger pointing at my sunglasses. How is that possible? These sunglasses were built to block the bright red color that emitted through a vampires eyes. My heart started to beat faster at the thought of someone noticing.

"Are you sure?" I asked while taking her finger off my face. She slowly nodded, her eyes never leaving mine. "Fuck." I muttered under my breath while running my hand through my jet black hair. "Don't worry I'll fix this." We entered our physics class and took our seats near the the front. I placed her books on her desk and started calling the creator of my glasses. Telepathically of course. I closed my eyes and folded my arms, waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello?"