ONE ~ A Proposal

Chapter One

Claire

It's been two years, can you believe it? Two years since I've kicked someone's ass and that one time with my landlord hardly counts. My vacation in the Galapagos two years ago was great until it got boring. And so I found myself in Brooklyn, New York attempting to have a normal life.

I've created a new alias since all my other ones are blown. My name is Clarissa Rushman but the few new friends I've made call me Claire for short so it works out on its own. I changed my name (although subtly) to avoid getting visits from anyone who wanted to find me. Since all of SHIELD and HYDRA's secrets were leaked online, practically my entire life is on the Internet. Everything but a photo of myself is there. Everything else; my birth certificate, my aliases, my medical file, my death certificate, my other death certificate, (don't worry both of them are fake) are all there.

I've had a good two years so far, not counting the times I almost became homeless because my landlord is a genuine asshole. I found two jobs about two months after I moved to Brooklyn. One of them is at a ballet studio where I teach the 7-10 ballet class on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday's and my other job is at a karate dojo where I teach the purple and brown belts. I teach them on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

The best thing about my jobs are that they keep me busy and tired so it's almost like going on missions but the day always goes as planned.

Today was a Friday night and it was thirty minutes to eight so my ballet class was almost done for the night.

"...Very good everyone just make sure you point your toes!" I instructed. "Believe me, doing it now will help you out in the long run." I watched the girls and boys do their routine for their upcoming recital and it was coming along very nicely. Over the classical music there was a knock on the doorway. I turned from my class to see my friend Monica waving me over. I glanced at my class before walking over to her.

"Hey, what's up?" I questioned leaning against the wall.

"Nothing much, I just came to ask you if you could close up tonight. I know how you like to dance once everyone else leaves." She winked.

"Yeah, sure." I shrugged. Monica smiled and handed me the keys.

"Thanks, and don't forget to make sure all the lights are out." She reminded.

"Monica, this wouldn't be the first time I've closed up for you." I reminded her. We both chuckled before getting back to work.

Thirty minutes came and went and I found myself dancing alone in the dim light of the moon light. I turned off all the lights so that I wouldn't forget to once I leave and besides, the moonlight is enough.