SIXTEEN ~ A Sister

•Claire•

•Claire•

"You're Clover?" I asked, It was a valid question, but the smile disappearing from her face made it seem less and less so.

"You really don't remember then. Wow, Fury really is an asshole. Good to know." Kylie and I watched her put down her beverage and snap her fingers for one of the towel boys to give her a towel.

"For some reason i'm more concerned that you didn't know Nick Fury is an asshole rather than you knowing who Nick Fury is." My sister chuckled dryly before rising out of the hot tub, wrapping the towel around her lower body as she did.

"I didn't think he was that bad when I met him about two years ago." My eyes squinted in suspicion and out of the corner of my eye I saw Kylie's fist clench and spark a bit. I met Kylie's eyes and gave her a warning look, we didn't need to cause a scene, especially not here.

"What exactly do you mean by that?" My blonde clone scoffed.

"Follow me," She said, walking past us. "There are way too many ears out here." We followed her to a door that clearly says Employees Only which she pushed open without hesitation or fear of someone seeing her. The door lead to an empty hallway; gray walls, gray floors and doors.

"You were shot on an assignment protecting a baby from gunfire." Clover stated as we walked down the hall.

"Yeah and I woke up nine and a half months later, your point?" My blonde counterpart rolled her eyes so I decided to shut up and let her finish.

"They shot you in the shoulder--the same shoulder your friends in the Red Room gave you an implant in. They never got around to programming it to do what it's supposed to do, only a few words that would make you sleep. So, naturally, it was a real surprise when it activated when it got damaged." Clover neglected to look at me when she continued speaking, instead putting her hand on the bare wall beside a random door. Of course her hand was actually on a scanner and the door led to much more than anticipated. "Anyway after the whole ordeal they called me in to take a look at the chip they carved outta you, of course that did some neurological damage so we recovered as many memories as we could and put you in a medically induced coma to help you heal."