NINE ~ A Sad Badass

Chapter 9

Claire

I slept in the park that night. Phil didn't exactly give me any information before he hung up so I stayed where he could track me. The phone call was absurdly long so it was enough time to track me to the park.

It had to be the break of dawn when that pod fell out of the sky, but I became wide awake nonetheless. Two women came out of the pod that had landed twenty feet away from me and I frowned. They didn't necessarily look familiar or friendly, especially since one of them pointed a gun at me when I reached down to grab my bag.

Finally they stopped walking about five feet away from me.

"You're Claire?" The blonde amazon woman questioned.

"Who's asking?" I countered cheekily.

"I'm Agent Daisy Johnson and this is Agent Bobbi Morse. Director Coulson wants to see you." Said the unarmed woman. I blinked at them both.

"Well I would hope so, that's why I called him."

#

Now I realize I've been gone for a while but I get the feeling that the agents aboard the huge plane don't really like me

Now I realize I've been gone for a while but I get the feeling that the agents aboard the huge plane don't really like me. How could I tell? Well I've gotten looks in forms of stares, glares, and daggers. And you know what they say, the eyes are the window to the soul. So at the moment everyone's soul was looking to kill me.

Finally I was shoved into Coulson's office. Unfortunately he was nowhere in sight which kept my heart pounding and ultimately made me antsy as I am not much of a patient person. I vaguely recall going on a mission all on my own because I didn't feel like waiting for anyone. Sigh. The good ole days.

I've never been left in Coulson's office alone before. Not back when I was with S.H.I.E.L.D. nor any time before then. This was obviously the universe telling me to snoop.

So I dropped my bags and played with the things on his desk, twisted things that were born to be twisted and basically look for a secret passageway. I had no such luck. However, my genetically acquired Barton Luck™ did help me get caught crawling under Coulson's desk.