Chapter Two

[Two Years Later]

Hiccup walked towards the cave opening, where there was a black dragon waiting. "Hey, bud. Ready to look for new dragons? Maybe we'll stumble across a new kind." Said the seventeen year old cheerfully. The dragon, Toothless, grumbled far less excited. His rider always got himself in trouble. "It's fine! Those Berk ships won't find us." Hiccup laughed. Recently, some ships coming from Berk, started to patrol around their island. But because of the thick fog barrier, they never went far.

In the last few years, the duo rescued and freed dragons, giving them a save home back at their island. The sanctuary, as Hiccup called it.

Hiccup fake pouted at Toothless' negative reaction. The boy climbed up the saddle strapped on the Night Fury's back, and they to off to the skies. As they flew, Hiccup felt the wind blow his hair, which got even messier, in every direction possible. They did all kind of tricks and loops, not noticing they were very close to two Berk ships. "Whoo! Ye-eah!" Hiccup exclaimed. "It never get's old, does it bud." He said, patting Toothless on the side. The dragon warbled in agreement. Satisfied, Hiccup laid down on Toothless' back. He was just enjoying being up there in the sky, when he heard shouts from below. Oh, no! The Berk ships! They went too close. How could I be so stupid! He thought angrily. Hiccup looked down, only to see a couple of bola's engaging rappidly. He tried to avoid them, but one ripped Toothless' prosthetic tailfin off. The duo was now plummeting down, Hiccup hitting the deck of the ship with his shoulder. He was sure that his shoulder was broken, because of how much pain he felt. Great. Just great. He thought. The crewmembers, most Hiccup recognized, were now looking either curiously or astonished at him.

Spitelout, who was in command of the Vikings on the ship, saw the boy standing up. "You hurt my dragon!" He said angrilly. The voice sounded somehow familiar, but he couldn't place it. The boy had a mask on, so he couldn't see his face. He also had some sort of wee armour, it was just leather with some pads. On one of the pads was a symbol of a Night Fury. "That's a vicious, killing machine! A Devil!" Spitelout spat. "You act like it is a pet." Now he heard the dragon growl dangerously. "He doesn't like being called a pet. He is my best friend, and I won't let you hurt him any further!" The boy yelled. He protected this beast! Why? Thought Spitelout. "You'll have to discuss that with Stoick the Vast, boy." He said. "SET COURSE FOR BERK."

No! He couldn't go back to Berk!
But Hiccup knew he had no choice. Toothless couldn't fly, he had an broken shoulder. He needed to get medical care, and then he could make Toothless a new tailfin. But the thing he was most afraid of was that people would recognize him. True, he had changed a lot the past two years. Hiccup had grown a lot taller, and gained a little muscle. He wasn't the little scrawny Viking boy he was two years ago. His hair had grown longer and messier, even his face had changed a lot. He looked more mature now, more his age. As a few Vikings escorted him and locked him up, Hiccup was thinking about how he could keep his identity a secret. Except for Gothi, she had know this whole time he was alive. Gothi had given him healing herbs, but he only came in the night when he couldn't be seen. Astrid probably did too, she would recognize him because of Toothless. She'd seen him fly away on the Nigh Fury. He just wondered why none of the Berkians knew it was him. Had Astrid lied for him?But she hated him, along with the other teens on Berk, right?