Chapter Ten

The gang had gathered very early that morning, so no one could see them sneak into the arena to take the dragons to the forest. However, Stoic was already waiting for them in the arena. So they were in for quite a shock when they entered it.

"Great," Hiccup muttered sarcastically. This was not according to plan, and it could only get worse. If Stoick was here he would most likely mark them, traitors.

"Son, yo-" He started but Hiccup cut him off. "I'm not your son, you made that clear in front of the village, so don't pretend you didn't mean it. Now continue." The dragon rider replied harshly.

"Yes, well, you are traitors to berk by siding with the dragons." The teens noted that his voice was surprisingly formal and calm. Maybe because of what Hiccup had just said. "So you will be watched by the village while Berk's best warriors sail to the Dragons Nest and kill those dragons."

This alarmed them all, but Hiccup the most. He may not like the man that disowned him right now, but that didn't mean he wanted him to die. Nor did he want countless of dragons hurt by the queen that resided on their island. "Then let us help!" He pleaded. "You don't know what you're going up against! You can't win this one!" Hiccup yelled. However, Stoick always had been so thickheaded and stubborn.

"I am Stoick the Vast, there's nothing I can't beat! Now leave!" He thundered. It was kind of scary, so they did what they said. And no one wanted to feel their chief's wrath. Hiccup just trailed behind them, however, when they came into the village he ran forward as fast as he could. They'd captured Toothless!

"NO!" Hiccup Yelled. They couldn't take his friend. He wouldn't allow them. He started running, but something, someone, held him back. It was Astrid. "You can't go up against all those warriors. We'll find another way." She told him. And he knew she meant it. He knew she was right. And he also knew she sympathised with him. She knew how it was to lose a friend. She'd lost him after all, when her parents and the gang had forced her to stop being his friend. Hiccup knew this, but he knew she could've made a different, a better choice instead of ditching him. But here she was now, willing to defy the people who had raised her, just to help him. Hiccup nodded, determined. He would save Toothless, even if it was the last thing he did. His friend wasn't completely free because of him. Even them getting captured and being brought back to Berk was his fault. And that had led to his father taking Toothless to find the nest and hurt a thousand more dragons while getting himself killed too. And if that happened there was no stopping this war between humanity and dragons. No this was do or die. And it would most likely end in death, but he, Hiccup Haddock, had to try. He needed to save those dragons from the Vikings. And he needed to save the Vikings from themselves.

"So what are you going to do?" Astrid asked seeing that he was thinking hard. "Probably something stupid." Hiccup replied. Astrid eyed him sceptically. "Good, but you've already done that." She told him. The words seemed to hit Hiccup. "Then something crazy!" He said, getting that gleam in his eyes that showed up whenever he had a plan. And he ran towards the arena. "That's more like it" The blonde smiled before she and the other teens followed him. 

When they reached the arena they were all panting, but no one had followed them. And Hiccup sighed in relief. "So what is the plan?" Astrid asked him. Hiccup smiled at her for being so helpful with no questions asked. "We're going to fly dragons to the nest and battle the Queen," he said. The twins started saying how they liked this Hiccup more because he was crazy, but Hiccup ignored them. He moved to unbolt the pens holding the dragons and gave each dragon the respective rider. The twins shared the Zippleback. Snotlout got the Monstrous Nightmare, Fishlegs the Gronkle and Astrid the Nadder the had already been training. He smiled as he each gave them a rope to hold on to their dragons. "Let's do this," he said after climbing onto the Nadder. He held onto Astrid's waist and they took off to Dragon Island. To the nest. And there an epic and dangerous battle awaited them.

__________

Hello hello, here is the chapter. Around the 770 words so pretty long. Sorry you had to wait so long but I had basically notime to tend to any of my wattpad stories