Chapter Six

Hiccup led her towards the Cove. He remembered the times he met up with the downed Night Fury there. The first time he visited he got his shield stuck between two rocks, and sure enough it was still there. He smiled at the memory.

"So you met Toothless here?" Astrid asked. Hiccup shook his head. "No I met him in the woods, it isn't that far from here though. It was after I shot him down. When I still wanted to please my father, be what he wanted me to be." Hiccup said bitterly. "What happened next you already know." He continued. "Maybe...ehm...I'd really like to train a dragon too." Astrid said awkwardly. She had seen how his and Thoothless'bond was. It was amazing and she wanted that too. Hiccup hadn't expected her to say that. He was surprised, yet happy. She wasn't like the rest of the tribe anymore, or at least less like them. And she had kept his secret. Hiccup smiled. "I'd love to teach you." He said. Astrid's face lit up. "Thanks." She said simply. She was never one to express her feelings much. Hiccup laughed and playfully pushed her. "So which kind of dragon do you have in mind?" He asked her seriously. "Deadly Nadder, we still have those dragons from two years ago." Astrid replied. Hiccup nodded. That could work, but where would they train one. The arena was a big enough space, without the tribe noticing a dragon was gone, but they'd be scared of the arena. "It's going to be hard training them in an arena they're scared of, but once you get a dragon's trust, it'll be easier." Hiccup explained. "Though I'd rather just set them free." He mumbled. "You'd really risk your life to free them?" She asked curiously. "Yes, they've taught me so much, they made me feel like I belong somewhere. They're my family." He said, a little beat. Astrid, not knowing what to say, didn't reply. There was a short silence before Hiccup cleared his throat and got up. "Come on, we're going to pay a visit to a Deadly Nadder." He said, a little mischievous smile formed around his lips. "Right now?" Astrid asked, a little thrown of her game. "Yup, right now." He replied, already climbing his way up the cove. "Hey, wait up Dragon Boy!" Astrid called out, before climbing after him.

The two teens were sneaking into the arena, careful not to be noticed by anyone. Luckily Hiccup had gotten Toothless to stay behind, in the Cove, otherwise his plan would've failed instantly. "Okay, in which pen is the Deadly Nadder?" He asked Astrid, whispering. "The fourth one." She whispered back. "Okay, I'll draw it out, while you stay here, it could be dangerous if you don't know what to do." Hiccup told her, still whispering. After that he silently ran to the fourth pen and cautiously opened it. A blue Deadly Nadder with yellow markings came out. Hiccup did a few tricks with Inferno, and then he slowly reached out with his hand. The Nadder pushed its nose against his hand. "Good girl." Hiccup said softly. "I want you to meet a friend of mine." He told the Nadder, and beckoned Astrid to come forward. The blonde haired Viking girl slowly advanced on him and the Deadly Nadder, which tensed up, as if frightened. "It's okay, it's okay." Hiccup said in a swift but soothing manner. She was, to say the least, amazed. He took her hand, making Astrid blush, and placed it on the Nadder's head. He realised he still had his hand on hers, and he too felt his cheeks warm up. Awkwardly he took his hand of. "I..uh...I thinks she trusts you now." He stammered a little.

______

Sooooooooo sorry it took so long, at least I updated hehe