Chapter Eleven

They were racing towards the island of the dragons on dragonback. It wasn't comfortable, but that was the least of their worries. Treacherous sea stacks and freezing winds swept past them, making everything become a blur to Hiccup as Astrid maneuvered her dragon past them.

"We're close now." He yelled over the wind, hoping the other teens could hear him. "Remember, let the dragons guide you! Only they can find it!"

He just hoped the twins and Snotloud would heed his words about finding the island and how dangerous the queen of the dragon's nest would be. Honestly, they hadn't changed a bit since he had last set a foot on Berk, and well, it worried him a little on this particular mission.

The young viking's nervousness only grew the closer they got to the Island. Stoick and his damn stubborn nature. Yeah, he'd gotten it from the man who called himself his father, but at least his stubbornness was always pointed at a good cause. Stoick just never listened. And now he had to save the tribe's leader from a giant, angry, evil Queen Dragon. A pettier person might have just left them to their fate, but they were still humans, however rude and inconsiderate they'd had been to him over the years, and he could not let them die over a grudge. 

But dread only settled in more when a terrible, almost ancient roar sounded even before the island came into view. The Dragon Queen. Hiccup urged the Nadder to go faster. They had to reach the island as quick as possible now, or the death and destruction would be unimaginable. Smoke was already rising when the island came into view and shouting and screams rose up to meet them. They were in trouble. "Let's go!" He yelled over the wind and all the commotion. 

As they neared the Island he could see Stoick and Gobber running in front of the gargantuan, dragon-like beast. A flare of panic seized him, but Hiccup forced it down. This was not the moment to run scared. He'd been in loads of though situations, rescuing dragons from trappers. He could handle this. And with that determination he set off giving a set of  commands and taking the lead. 

"Ruff, Tuff, watch your backs! Move, Fishlegs!" He commanded, as they twins were yelling about how they were riding a dragon, not paying much attention to the Dragon Queen who was aiming for them now. Thankfully they dodged the attack of the Queen, but the young viking knew that if they stayed this low, they'd be easy targets. They had to go higher.

"Up, let's move it!" He yelled. High in the sky they would have a little bit of an advantage, because from what he'd seen now, the gargantuan didn't seem keen on flying. 

Hiccup asked Fishlegs to break it down, assess the Dragon Queen's weak points and give them more information to work with. He knew a lot about dragons, but Fishlegs had inhaled knowledge about the beasts. 

"Okay! Heavily armored skull and tail made for bashing and crushing! Steer clear of both! Small eyes, large nostrils! Relies on hearing and smell!" Came the short but useful replies from Fishlegs. 

Okay he could work with that. Hiccup ordered Snotlout and Fishlegs to keep in it's blind spot, but to distract it. Noise would do the trick, as it did with all dragons. He also tasked Ruff and Tuff with finding out if the thing had a shot limit. If anyone could make it more mad, it was the twins. They started arguing and he groaned. They could not use this now. 

"Just do what I told you! I'll be back as soon as I can!" He snapped at them. They assured him they got it, though he didn't feel overly reassured, and he signalled Astrid to take him down so he could get to Toothless. 

_________

AAAAAAH, it's been like, 2 years, but here's a new chapter. I had a draft for it and decided to at least finish this chapter for y'all. I can't promise any more chapters, and if I were to write any, it might just take another 2 years. I don't wanna discontinue this, since I obviously keep returning to it after years, but I'm not sure if I will update and when. 

So please pleASE PLEASE do NOT ask me to continue or update in the comments.