Chapter Five

Stoick stood there, dumbfounded, as he looked down upon his son's face. The boy didn't look like Hiccup at first sight, but if you took a real closer look, you'd recognize him. Especially because of the scar. "Hi, dad." Hiccup said awkwardly. Stoick had a lot of things to ask, to say, but the only word that came out of his mouth was "Why?"

Hiccup, on the other hand, had braced himself, waiting for his father to start yelling. But it never came. He let out a soft, yet relieved sigh when he heard his father ask why he ran away. Hiccup thought about how to put it. "Do you remember that particular dragon raid, where I claimed I shot down a Night Fury? That's Toothless right here." Hiccup said. A ripple of confused murmurs went through the crowd. "So after you gave me an embarrassing scolding in front of the whole village, you got Gobber to bring me home, and I went straight out the backdoor." He stated simply, hearing his father groan irritated. "I went searching for Toothless, got hit in the face by a branch. Then I saw him, I wanted to kill him, to prove myself to you and the tribe. But I couln't- no I wouldn't kill him. I wouldn't kill him because he looked as frightened as I was. I cut him free, and in return he didn't kill me. Then, I fainted." Hiccup could hear a few laughs as he added the last part dramatically. "When Gobber told me, in training that a dragon will always go for the kill, I was curious why Toothless didn't, especially him being the most feared dragon us Vikings know. So, naturally, I went to the place I saw him crash down before." Hiccup went on. "You're impossible." He heard his father mumble under his breath. "Thanks, dad." Hiccup said sarcastically, surprising his father, because he wasn't supposed to hear. "So I drew him, yet he noticed me because my charcoal fell down. He didn't attack. I visited Toothless more and more after that. Feeding him, learning about dragons, slowly befriending him. Finally letting me fly on his back." Everyone stared at him like he was a troll or something. Of course, he thought sarcastically. They didn't believe peace between humans and dragons was possible, much less friendship. "Everything I did in the arena was a trick, things I learned from Toothless. I learned to train a dragon instead of killing one. But I knew you guys wouldn't accept it, and most likely kill him. So, I ran away." The last part Hiccup said matter-of-factly. "I've heard enough!" Stoick raised his voice angrily. "You chose a dragon, a devil, above your tribe." He continued, and then added "You're no son of mine." There were several gasps heard. "He's not a devil, and he cares more for me than the tribe ever did, than you ever did. So I am glad you don't recognize me as your son." Hiccup said angrily. He cut Toothless loose, and rushed away towards the cove angrilly.

"Hiccup!" Astrid called out, but it was no use. "He was right to run away, and I was right not to tell you." She told her chief. She was also angry at him. He had no right to treat Hiccup this way. Long lost, and still yell at him. She stormed after the auburn haired boy, her chief demanding her to give him answers. She didn't care if she got punished for this, no father should treat his child that way, especially after two years of being apart, thinking he was dead. "Hiccup!" She called again, this time he cocked his head to face her. "He never listens! It's just so infuriating. I never was happy here!" He said. "I- Why? Why can't he understand?" Hiccup cried out exasperated. "if you want someone to talk to, I'm here." Astrid told him. Hiccup sighed, before telling her. "It's just- I don't feel like I belong here. At least the dragons accept me, I'm more like them than I am a Viking. An now I am sure my father will force me to stay, to be heir. Which is understandable, because, come on, who would want Snotlout to be chief." He ranted. "But of course, what I want doesn't matter to anyone." Astrid sighed. "It does to me." Her voice was soft and gentle. He gave her a weak smile, which was followed by a comfortable silence. "Thanks, Astrid." Hiccup said. Astrid punched him in his good arm. "That's for running away." She said, scooting closer to him. She kissed him on the cheek. "That's for everything else." Both Viking teens blushed fiercely.

"Do you want to see where I first befriended Toothless?" Hiccup asked her, a bit awkwardly.

------

Yay, another chapter

Sorry this took a bit long, my live was a bit hectic, but I only have to pick some stuff up at school Thursday and then I have vacation. FINALLY.

Anyway, I'll probably will be starting with my Httyd watches their own movie fanfic soon.

ALSO!

What is your opinion on the new wattpad update?