Chapter Eight

"So where exactly are you dragging me to?" Asked Hiccup. "If you'd shut up and look." She laughed and showed him her favorite place on Berk. It was the highest point on the island. It was pretty cold up there, even with all the fur they wore as Vikings. "I stumbled upon this place when the twins  and snotlout were insufferable once again. It's a pretty good place to hide. You know your dad is still going to look for you because of the arena, so I figured you would need a hiding spot." Astrid smiled, and started to walk away. "Hey wait! You were there too, and I don't want him to punish you for my ideas." Hiccup said. "Then I'll stay too." The girl shrugged and sat down next to him. "Way to make it awkward." He muttered under his breath. "What did you say?" Astrid asked, not hearing what he'd said. "Uh..N-nothing really." Hiccup stuttered. "You are a horrible liar." She pointed out amused. "I don't do well under pressure." He defended himself. Astrid Giggled. Wait, since when did she giggle? Since Hiccup's here and you like him, said a voice in the back of her head. No I don't. Shut up, she told the voice. 

Great, now she was having mental conversations with herself. "Uhm, Astrid, have you heard anything I just said?" Hiccup asked her. This snapped Astrid  out of her thoughts. "Uh, no, not really." She replied embarrased. Hiccup chuckled. Gods, he was so cute. No, she couldn't think like that, could she? She'd never talked to him much when he was still here, and now she just started to get to know him. But he had changed much. He was way more handsome. Wel he always had been, she guessed, he just was so awkward all the time. Now he wasn't anymore. At least, when he wasn't around his father. Wait, did this mean she had always liked him? "Gods, this is so confusing!" She muttered. "What is?" Hiccup questioned. "Nothing!" She said quickly, but he seemed to see through her lie. "Astrid, it isn't nothing. You never are confused if the twins aren't around. And let's be honest, everyone is confused by them." He told her. She groaned, clearly irritated. Well, she obviously couldn't hide it from Hiccup. "Fine, I'm desciding if I like..." Would she say it was him, or would she just cover it up by saying someone?  "Like what?" He questioned, a little confused. "Eh...You" She said very quietly, though she was sure he would've heard her anyways. 

Hiccup was confused, very confused. The girl he had like for years now was questioning herself if she liked him. The irony, he thought sarcastically. "Well I think I used to make it pretty sure how I felt for most of my live. But we can just hang out as, well as friends. Untill, you know, made up your mind." He replied awkwardly. Really smooth Hiccup, the viking boy thought. He saw her nod absentmindedly. "So how about you tell me something about where you lived after you left Berk." She said. Hiccup was eager to. He hadn't had anyone to share it with, except Toothless ofcourse. "Well, I live at an island, on a dragon's back it's not that long from here. I Guess on a boat the trip takes around two days, I could be there in one day with Toothless." He started to explain. "It's filled with dragons. Even kinds Berk has never seen before!" Hiccup exclaimed excitedly. He saw her smile from the corner of his eyes. It seemed they were both enjoying eachothers company. "There are also some Titan Wing dragons." He said. "Titan Wing?" Astrid asked confused. "They're like the normal dragons only bigger, and their appearance is a little diffrent." Hiccup tried to explain it the best he could to her. To his luck Astrid seemed to understand. "I try to give them a save home. So they don't have to raid villages." He smiled a little sad. "How do you mean so they don't have to raid villages?" Astrid asked him, once again confused. "There's this dragonlike creature on their island. It's something even many tribes combined can't win. It controls the dragons. If they don't bring food back they get eaten themselves." He explained. "Like a giant beehive." Astrid figured. "Hiccup we need to do something about it!" She urged. The boy in question sighed. "Don't you think I've been trying. I can't do this alone." He replied a little beat. Astrid seemed to ponder this and then spoke slowly. "You don't have to do it alone" Hiccup looked at her and recognized that look in her eyes. Astrid seemed to have an idea.

______

A lot of you guys have wanted me to update. To be frank, I had lost my inspiration for this story, until I had watched RTTE season 4. I was in love with the Hiccstrid episodes, and I want the new season to air soon too, because they once again left it on a cliffhanger. Curse the writers.