Chapter Four

The next morning, Hiccup slept in. So when he woke up, it was well past dawn. He groggily rubbed his sleepy eyes. The sounds the dragons made in the morning, back on his island, was nowhere to be found. Instead there were shouts audible of the village below. Hiccup sighed. He got out his bed and started searching for his red tunic.

Astrid was on her way to the chief's house. Word had travelled about a mysterious boy, and his Night Fury, were captured and brought to Berk. Everyone called him the Dragon Master, but Astrid was positive it was Hiccup. She marched up the stairs, and stormed into the room, only to see an auburn haired boy bare chested. "Oh gods, Sorry!" She exclaimed awkwardly. Yet she couldn't help but notice the tattoo on his chest. It was a Night Fury. The tips of the wings just reached over his shoulders, the tailfin touched his belly button. She also noticed his abs. Snap out of it! She told herself. "Err...Hey." He said awkwardly. He quickly pulled a his red tunic over his head. "You know?" He asked. Though, it wasn't really a question, because it was obvious that she knew it was him. "Yes." Astrid replied. "Are you really going to fight your father?" She asked him, sounding worried. "What choice do I have? If I don't he'll kill my best friend. And if I tell him who I am, he'll probably force me to kill Toothless!" He yelled in frustration. "Just calm down. A hot head isn't going to get you anywhere." She told him, placing a hand on his shoulder. Hiccup winced. "What's wrong?" She asked. He didn't answer. Astrid looked into his green eyes, seeing them filled with pain. "Your shoulder is hurt, isn't it?" She said. "Depends on what you call hurt." He said sarcastically. "Hiccup." She said, with a warning undertone. "Fine, fine. My shoulder is broken. Happy?" He admitted sarcastically. Astrid sighed. He could be so annoying sometimes, even after two years. "And you still accepted the challenge!?" She said, being angry with him. "It'll be fine I've trained with dragons for almost two years." He told her. "Your gonna  do this no matter what I tell you, right?" She asked him. "Pretty much." He said. Astrid flung her arms around his neck, making him wince in pain once more. "Sorry." She whispered. "Just- just stay alive." Astrid told him, releasing him from her grip. As she saw Hiccup walk away she wondered why she suddenly cared so much.

"Choose your weapon, boy." Stoick said. Hiccup took out his sword, Inferno. It didn't look like much, but neither did he. Both of them packed more than a few surprises. "That's your weapon?" Stoick asked, a little surprised. The chief picked up his axe, trying to look intimidating. Hiccup chuckled. "Don't be fooled by appearances." He sounded bitter. Stoick hollered at him, battle ready. But Hiccup jumped out of range, effortlessly. When the chief charged at him again, he quickly made a circle of Zipplebackgas and sparked it. Making a small explosion.

Stoick had to admit the boy had some game. He was skilled. The boy had made an explosion with some kind of weird sword. And after a few more useless strikes, Stoick knew he could not win this. "TIME FOR PLAN B!" He yelled.

Plan B? What was plan B? Hiccup wondered. But he found out soon enough, when his father's men came into the arena. With them was a chained up Toothless. His father walked toward his dragon, axe raised above his head. He was going to kill Toothless! "NO!" Hiccup yelled, speeding across the arena, but he was captured by some of the men. "NO! NO! DON'T! DAD PLEASE!" He cried out. Stoick snapped his head towards his direction. Hiccup swallowed realising what he just said, and the arena was suddenly deadly silent. "What did you just say!?" Stoick demanded. He didn't reply. "Take of the mask!" His father ordered. "There goes that dream." Mumbled Hiccup sarcastically. His riding mask was roughly pulled off, revealing his face to the bright sunlight.

------

Yay,

A day early.

I am proud of myself, but I feel like this chapter lacks inspiration