Chapter Nine

It seemed he was right, because Astrid dragged him down to the village again. What's with her and pulling people by the arm? She told him to wait in the arena and so Hiccup obeyed. He knew better than to not listen to one of Astrids commands. She was very skilled with each weapon. And though Hiccup could hurt his father, even with an injury, he did not wanted to fight Astrid at all. So if he disobeyed her, it would end up painfully for him.

Hiccup was about to go and see what took Astrid so long, when he heard the gate of the arena open. In walked Astrid with Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Fishlegs and Snotlout. What was she up to? "As you said, you couldn't do this alone, so I rounded up a few people crazy enough to succeed at training a dragon." She smirked. Hiccup smiled at her, grateful. He was grateful at them all, to be quite frank. They were going against everything they were led up to believe in. "Then let's make some Dragon Riders out of you lot!" Hiccup announced, already walking to one of the pens. "Astrid if you would be so kindly to demonstrate, as you and Stormfly have already met." Hiccup said. Said viking girl nodded. Hiccup raised the bolt of the pen and the Deadly Nadder barged out, but as soon as Stormfly saw Astrid she went straight to her, sniffing for fish. Astrid giggled. "No, I don't have any, but I'll sneak you some later." Astrid promised Stormfly.

After Hiccup had just made Snotlout and the Monstrous Nightmare bond, he walked over to one of the crates in the arena. "H-Hey! Where are you going?!" Snotlout asked a little panicked. Hiccup just smirked. "You need something to help you hold on." He replied. "Hold on?" Snotlout asked. "Yes hold on, what you'd think I'm helping you guys to do. Flying is part of dragon training." He chuckled. "Awesome!" Tuffnut exclaimed. Hiccup smiled. Who knows, maybe they were able to change their ways after all. "So now you've all bonded, it's best to let them let you on their back." Hiccup said. They all nodded, serious. They had to be though, dragons weren't something you'd be messing around with if not expierenced with them. Hiccup showed them how to do it, using Toothless as an example. Astrid was the first to get on her dragon's back. And after a while they all were on their dragons. Now time to teach them how to fly. "It's mostly something you do by instinct, though there are some basics." Hiccup said before explaining said basics. 

Soon nightfall came and they hadn't actually flown yet. The gang left as Astrid and Hiccup stayed behind for a while. "So.." Astrid started. "So what?" Hiccup asked, confused. "So what are you planning to do now you're not alone?" She asked. "Probably something stupid." He muttered and shrugged. "Good, but you've already done that." She said. "Then something crazy."He said as he got an idea. Astrid saw the look in his eyes, just before they ran after the gang. He discussed his crazy plan with them, but what he didn't know was that his father was lurking in the shadows, listening to every word he said. About the queen, and how only dragon's could find the island, so reaching it wouldn't be a problem for them. An so now there was a plan spinning in Stoic's mind too.

__________

Sorry this is short, I just really wanted to write and update today