Retrieving Food and a Friend

I woke up sore from sleeping on the ground but, I was still glad I slept.
The Janice and her girl were still sleeping.
I contemplated on what I should do, should I go out and get food and come back, or should I wait for them to wake up, or should I wake them up, or should I try to go back to sleep. So many options, with different results.
I decided to stay up and wait for them to get up.
It felt like hours but, it might've been a few minutes. While waiting I sat against the wall and twirled my thumbs thinking about how I was gonna talk Janice into being comfortable with having my friend live with us, and then thinking about how to get money to pay for food. We should also go to a thrift shop and get new clothes, blankets, and pillows. I had money left, it was either stolen or burned along with the rest of my jacket. I also thought about how I was gonna go into the city incognito. The absolute last thing I need to do is run into those 3 idiots and there 1 smart idiot again. Especially since they thought I was dead. I can use this as an advantage.
A exaggerated yawn put me out of my thoughts. Janice and Sarah were waking up.
Time to have a conversation.
"Good morning you two," I started," Janice I have an issue to discuss with you."
"Oh, what's that about?"
I looked at Sarah.
"If you can't talk about it in front of her I don't want to talk about it," said Janice plain and simple.
"Alright," I replied respecting that response," it's about moving another person in with us."
"What?"
"It's about moving someone else in with us."
"I heard what you said Ryan."
"Look, he's a really good friend of mine, and he, like you, saved me, I owe him, plus he's really reclusive and it'll be like he's not even here."
She stared at me with an almost puzzled expression.
" Why are even asking my permission?"
"Because Janice, I know you are uncomfortable with new people, and I want you to fill like your being included in the decisions made around here because your living here as well and I want....."
"Alright I get it," she interrupted," and I suppose if you say he's cool, than I'm cool with it."
"Thank you Janice, that means a lot to me," I said, "ok, now down to business, are you guys hungry, or is it just me?"
"I am tooooooooo," Sarah whined.
"Alright then let's go into the city and get some breakfast," I said.
"With what money?" Janice asked.
"Picked pocket money," I said simply.
"How are we gonna pick pocket money?" She asked bewildered.
"Leave that to me."
We walked back into the city to scavenge money. Along the way Sarah picked up pennies, dimes, nickels, and the occasional quarter and handed them all to me.
By the time we reached the city she found about $4.03. I congratulated and praised her for this. Who knew you could find so much change on the side of the road. As we wandered into the city she collected more.
I saw her once try to swipe a few bills from a street performer but, he gave her a cool stare and she put it back.
I decided I didn't want to draw attention to ourself so I pulled her aside and said, "I know we need money and I know your trying to help Sarah but, the street entertainers need money as much as we do, let's not swipe from them."
She blushed and looked ashamed.
"It's alright Sarah, just stick to street change," I said.
"Can I have that money I collected on the street?" She asked.
"Right now?"
"Yes."
"Well, alright," I said handing her the change," it is your findings after all."
She ran back to the street entertainer she tried to swipe from and put all her collected change in his hat.
Her mother watched her and asked me if I could really pick pocket once again.
"Yes Janice, I can."
Sarah ran back to me and took my hand.
I was startled but, allowed her to hold it as we walked down the street.
..........
I had been picking pockets ever since we got in the city. I didn't know how much money I had, all I knew was that my inner pockets were filled with wallets and change purses. Picking pockets have became a natural thing for me, I've been doing it as long as a little bit before I first stepped foot in the city.
At first I felt bad, and would always try to return the wallets to the owners but, one owner called the cops. All I can say is, it's a good thing I always wear gloves.
Now I just leave all the wallets I collect somewhere for someone else to deal with them.
I remove all the money and literally drop them around the street in different places.
I still feel bad about doing this but, than I remember the situation I am in and how their money would go to a good cause.
....
By the time I was done removing money from all the wallets and change purses in an abandoned ally I had about $700.
This was over the limit from what I need for myself and Mika but, now I have 4 people in my needy wagon and one of them is a child. Plus, now I need new clothes, and I get new clothes everyone else gets new clothes.
I empty the wallets somewhere and then we set off.
We had a late breakfast, with me having the absolute spending the absolute minimum to fit everyone's needs which took about $35.
I then took the food I bought for Mika to Mika while I told Janice to let Sarah play in the park for a bit while I coax Mika out of his hiding place to relocate.
As I approached his hole everything looked the same and as always he was there.
I put the food on his box porch and he took it. I waited for him to eat.
"Mika can I talk to you about something?" I asked.
"Yeah," came a scruffy voice, I could tell he hasn't said anything in a long time which is something to expect from a person with social anxiety.
"I think... I think it's time we relocate."
I heard a disgruntled huff.
"It won't be that far away this time, it's literally just on the out skirts of the city."
"Alright then," he said climbing out.
The first thing that hit me when he got out was the smell and then his bearded face. When he got up he towered over me. My six foot self couldn't match this giant. How he could stay in that hole in the ground was beyond me.
"This is the first time I ever seen you leave a place willingly," I joked.
"Well, it's pretty cramped down there, I'll do anything for an upgrade."
"Your in luck, you come with me and you get an upgrade plus 2."
"Plus 2???"
"A mother and her child," I said calmly.
"Titus, ar......" I covered his mouth.
"It's Ryan right now, and you need to think of a name for yourself."
"Oh come on Ti.... Uhh, Ryan you know I'm bad at this can't I just be Mika?"
"How about Mike?"
"Fine if it's that important I'll be Mike," he said throwing his arms up in exasperation.
"Good," I said satisfied enough, "now I think you two should meet before we go and get food and new clothes."
"New clothes too!!" He cried happier.
"And for you," I pointed at him, " a defiant shower."
"What, no way these are my natural body oils."
"And your natural body BO."
"Oh come on it's not that bad!"
"You either take a shower or I'm gonna push you in that lake," I said pointing.
"Fine fine fine," he said giving up," your crazy enough I'll know you, of all people would do it."
"Good, now again, let's go meet the two."