I'll Spare You the Montage.

We bought new clothes first. I think we got everything we needed. I got a new trench coat along with a new addition to my outfit, a grey and black striped scarf, which I'm sure I can somehow make use out of it. Janice got her and her daughter new shoes and socks along with, after minutes of begging and pleading, a princess dress for guess who. We also grabbed a few blankets, pillows, and a teddy bear.
For Mika it was really hard for us to find clothes for him due to his immaculate height so we ended up going to a normal store to find stuff designed to fit him, and he got a whole new outfit that made him look even more like a lumberjack than he already did. He also cleaned up in the bathroom a bit which was as best of a shower we could get. Looked tanner than I remembered. He kept the beard but asked me if I could cut his hair a little shorter. They were down to his hips so I obliged.
We grabbed a bite to eat from a restaurant, and decided to get groceries. Canned food was our 'go to' along with a few boxes of cereal. By the time we were done we looked like we were carrying a canned food drive.
This whole day was a $350 adventure not including tax. It was also a bonding experience for all of us. I even think Janice was flirting with Mika a bit. Sarah and I defiantly grew closer when I said it was alright to bye her princess dress and teddy bear. She hugged my legs tightly.
Now normally I would agree with Janice and say it's just a money waister but, than I remember that she's a little kid. A little kid in a pretty bad situation, and she deserves to have a little luxury. No kid her age or anyone in this matter really deserves to be homeless. Don't think I'm a complete sucker though, I said absolutely not to her when she asked for the huge dollhouse being displayed in the window of the store.
....
It was nearing dark by the time we got to the RV. None of us bothered to unpack anything but the blankets and pillows. Sarah was already asleep with her teddy bear. We all feel asleep with me laying next to Mika on the floor and Janice and Sarah on the couch.
......
In the morning I awoke to Sarah already up. She somehow managed to dig out her princess dress and was already wearing it. She was sitting on the floor with her bear talking to herself.
"Good morning Sarah, who are you talking to?" I asked.
"Pete," she answered pleasantly.
"Oh, and how is Pete this morning?"
A pause.
"He said he's good."
"And how are you Sarah?"
"Good, and you Ryan?"
"I'm fine as well thank you," I say as I start putting cans and cereal away,"are you and Pete hungry?"
"I am but, Pete said no."
'Good at least he isn't the type of imaginary friend that eats up all the food' I think to myself.
"Do you want to split some pineapple rings with me?" I ask.
"Sure," her eyes light up.
"I know it's your favorite."
I open the can and hand her one ring and I took one ring. She gobbled hers and asked for another before I even take a bite of mine. I give her the one I had for myself and she eats it.
"Here you can just have the whole can," I said pouring the pineapple in a bowl and the juice in a cup. She sat on the floor and ate and drank everything. While I opened another one. I gave her 3 more rings from the new can and ate the rest from my can.
"What do you and Pete want to do today?"
"Go to the park!" She said excitedly.
"Well, I really don't see why we shouldn't go to park." I said," but we have to wake for your mom and Mike to wake up."
"Alright," she said happily, " hear that Pete, were gonna go to the park, we just have to wait patiently."
"What do you want to do while your waiting?"
She thought a moment.
"Ryan, can you tell me a story?"
A story, wow, if only my brother was here.
"Well, I can try."
"Yayyyyy!" She screeched excitedly.
"Alright let's see," I thought a moment," once upon a time, there was a young princess warrior, named Sasha, who was the best fighter in all the land. No one could take out a gang of street bandits like her," man this story telling is hard but Sarah looked interested already so I kept going, " One day a group of robbers stole the royal crown, so the king offered up a reward to his kingdom of 10,000 pieces of gold, to whoever could return the royal crown. This action caused chaos, because everyone wanted to be able to move up to middle class but, Sasha, she knew better. She knew that if you steal the Royal crown, you wouldn't stay in the same place that you stole it from, so she mounted her white stallion, and rode off into the forest in search of the people who stole the Royal crown, and the only thing she had to go off of was a lousy sketch that the local artist took from the only witness's description. "
Mika was waking up.
"Alright, that's all we have time for now," I said.
"Awwwwwww, I wanna hear the rest."
"Maybe later tonight Sarah, good stories always have breaks, that way you can anticipate for the next part. It's called, chapters."
"But, the story is good without chapters."
"No, it's not good.... It's better," I laughed.
"Ugh Ryannnnnnnnnn."
"Hey now who wants to go to the park," she perked up.
"I do I do!!" She said raising her hand.
I heard a yawn. Janice was waking up.
"Mommy! Ryan said we could go to the park."
"That's good dear, so am I."
"YAYYY."
"I think I'll stay in, I lived in that park for to long," Mika piped up.
"Ok well, don't eat all the food Mika," I said jokingly.
"Haha you know I will," he said sarcastically.
"What are you gonna do here all by yourself?" Janice asked.
"Be my reclusive self."
And with that Janice ate and we left.
"Today is going to be a good day, I think," I said, " what could possibly go wrong?"