A Shoulder to Cry On

(A/N: Losing a loved one, a very close friend or a relative can be one of the most heartbreaking feelings ever to come across. My heart goes out to anyone who just lost someone that means so much to them.)

You stared at the TV in shock as news about a plane crash unfolded. The flight was carrying some of the Magcon boys, and you knew that it's likely they didn't survive.

"There are a total of 273 fatalities out of the 384 people on board the flight, two special names though are Nash and Hayes Grier from Magcon. Unfortunately, they didn't make it considering the...."

You turned off the TV and covered your hand with your mouth. You didn't really know both of them all that well, but Shawn is like a brother to them. They both mean a lot to him and having to lose them is just heartbreaking for him. But how will he accept the truth? Will you tell him immediately?

"Hey babe!" Shawn cheers excitedly as he got home from the studio. He noticed your expression and went towards you.

"What's wrong, love?" He asks, noticing the tear that's falling down your cheek. He pulls you in for a hug and kisses your forehead. 

"Nothing, j-just a stupid thought." You lied, he pulls you in closer.

"Well, if it has something to do with taking you away from me, I'll make sure it won't happen." He says, you smile and admire his enthusiastic mood, but all that could change once he finds out about Hayes and Nash.

"Come on, baby. Let's watch a movie." He offers and you nod. You never really payed much attention to it though, you were more concerned about how Shawn will react to the news you watched earlier. You've never seen him in too much of a sad state, and it certainly breaks your heart if you ever had to see him like that. 

------------------

The next day, Shawn went to the studio to rehearse, until you heard a knock on the door.

You opened it and surprised at who it was.

"Y/N, can I talk to you?" It was Cameron.

"O-Ok, sure." You let him in and you two sat on the couch.

"So I bet you've heard what happened to Nash and Hayes yesterday." He tells you.

"Yeah, I've managed to hide it from Shawn, knowing he's like a brother to them." You replied.

Cameron sighed. "I don't know how he's gonna accept the fact that they're gone, I've let the studio know not to say a word about it and me and the rest of the Magcon boys swore not to tell him so Y/N...?" He puts a hand on your shoulder.

"Will you tell him?" He pleads, you gasped uncomfortably. 

"I-I can't. I don't wanna see him in a broken state..." You trail off.

"You're his girlfriend. If you tell him, I'm sure he'll believe you. If I tell him, he'll think I'm making up a joke." He tells you as you thought about it for a minute. You nodded as you made the decision and he gets up.

"Thanks so much, Y/N. And if things get rough, just give me a ring. I'll be here as quickly as I can." He tells you before he leaves.

---7:30PM---

"Hey babe!" Shawn greets you and kisses your cheek. His mood was so good that you thought about what Cameron asked you to do earlier. You didn't want to ruin Shawn's evening, but at the same time he really must find out now. 

"Shawn, can I talk to you for a minute?" You say with a bit of hesitation. 

"Sure, love. Anything at all." He smiles as he takes your hand and you two walk to the bedroom. 

"I need you to read something very important. I'll give you 5 minutes, then I'll come back." You say. And because you don't wanna see him in a broken state immediately, you decided to leave him for 5 minutes, then return.

"Wait Y/N, what's..."

"Just search up Flight 786, please. I'll be back in 5 minutes." You tell him immediately and left the room. You went outside to the backyard and put on headphones to distract yourself.

---5 MINUTES LATER---

Now was the time where you wish you could have another 5 minutes, but you decide to get this over with and went back to the room. 

When you went inside, your eyes immediately began to tear up. You saw Shawn face down onto a pillow, loud whimpers escaping his mouth.

"N-Nash.....Hayes...." He sobs their names out as you feel your heart sink. You've never seen him cry before, and this was a very sad situation for him. 

You slowly went over to him and moved your hand up and down his back. He slowly looks at you and more tears begin to fall down your cheeks. His eyes were very puffy and red. His hair in all different directions and hiccups impairing his speech. 

"Y-Y/N...." He sniffles as you wrap him in a hug. He nuzzles his face into your shoulder and you can feel him shaking, as well as his tears landing on your shirt. 

"I know, baby. I know...." You say, choking up as a sob escaped your mouth. Seeing Shawn like this is heartbreaking. Less than 10 minutes ago, he was so happy to see you and now, he's devastated. 

"T-they're g-gone..." He sniffles again as you stroke his hair and kiss his forehead repeatedly. 

"Shawn, I'm sorry..." You cry as he shakes his head.

"Y-Y/N.. this wasn't y-your fault. Thanks f-for letting me k-know what happened, but...." He stops as he tucks his head back to your shoulder and more tears land. Nash and Hayes were really close with Shawn. 

"I-I can't.... I just can't..." He cries his heart out with you comforting him every minute. 

It took months for Shawn to accept the fact that Hayes and Nash weren't there to be with him anymore, but he's finally able to cope with it. Although things seemed back to normal for you guys, he still never forgets the date when they left him, and Magcon.