The WRONG Singer

(A/N: Is it just me or does Nick Jonas looks sorta identical to Shawn Mendes in the video above?)

You were casually walking through the streets of Dallas, until you see a large group of girls crowding a small coffee shop. Curious, you went over there and peeked through the window.

You gasped at the sight and almost fainted. It's Shawn Mendes!

You've been his fan for over a year now, collecting every merchandise that has his name. You didn't care that people think you're weird. Shawn was all you mostly care about.

You couldn't see him clearly as girls were blocking the view, but you saw them chase after a car. You followed it for over half a kilometre until you were tired and couldn't run anymore. 

You sighed as you may never get to meet him again and walked the opposite direction, going to the park.

"This is just perfect. Shawn Mendes was just right in front of me and I was so close to meeting him! So close!" You say to yourself sarcastically.

When you got to the park, which was over 2 kilometres away, you saw someone familiar sitting on a bench. Curious, you went over to him and you gasped loudly, but he puts his finger on your lips.

"Shh, please. I can't let any other fan see me." He whispers and you start to jump up and down. Tears began to fill your eyes as you tried to hold in all the squeals you want to let go.

"Aww, it's okay. I love you so much." He pulls you in for a hug and you tuck your face in his chest, feeling his warmth on this cold afternoon. 

"S-Shawn... I love you, too." You reply and he pulls away, looking confused.

"Shawn? Who's Shawn?" He says and looks around for a Shawn.

"You're Shawn Mendes, right?" You say, you were becoming confused as well.

"Oh, you thought I was Shawn Mendes?" He says as you examined his face at a closer look. You gasped as you looked down embarrassed. Now he thinks you're weird cause you hugged an identical Shawn. 

"My names's Nick. Nick Jonas." He says and offers his hand. You shake it and smile.

You've heard of him but don't listen to much of his songs, but it was still a nice feeling meeting someone famous. 

"I've listened to your songs, you're really good!" You say as he smiles. 

Now you know it's not really Shawn Mendes. His voice doesn't even sound like Shawn. 

"Really? Well thank you! What's your favourite one?" He asks. You sang one part of one of his songs.

​​​I turn my chin music up
And I'm puffing my chest
I'm getting ready to face you
You can call me obsessed

It's not your fault that they hover
I mean no disrespect
It's my right to be hellish
I still get jealous...

He joins in the chorus and you two sounded perfect.

Cause you're too sexy, beautiful
​And everybody wants a taste
​That's why (that's why)
​I still get jealous

'Cause you're too sexy, beautiful
​And everybody wants a taste
​That's why (that's why)
​I still get jealous

"That was amazing. We should do a duet together!" He says and you agreed.

"Anyways, I have to get going. Gotta be home before dark." You say, with a bit of a sad tone. 

"Oh, okay. Do you wanna have a pic with me before you go?" He asks, you look into those gorgeous eyes as you whisper. "Yes."

You two took many selfies, until you both hear a loud voice.

"There he is!!" A fan screamed as she ran towards you two.

"Come with me! I'll give you a ride home, but hurry!" He tells you and grabs your hand. You two run to the car and drove off before any fans caught up.

"Hey, I didn't catch your name..."

"Oh, it's Y.N."

"Y/N... beautiful name." He says and holds your hand as he drives towards your house.

When you two got there, he gets out of the car and opens your door. Such a gentleman!

"Well, Y/N. It's been nice hanging out with you but I gotta get going as well. I hope you do meet Shawn one day!" He says, but you interrupt him with a kiss. You can feel him kissing back.

"Sorry I did that, it's just.... you look so much like Shawn and..."

"It's fine, I understand."  He smiles as he gives you a slip of paper. 

"See you Y/N. I hope to see you again!" He hugs you and drives off. You opened up the paper and it had his Instagram and Twitter account. You smile as you added him on both social media and not long later, he added you back. 

You just started a wonderful friendship with "Shawn Mendes".