Steve Rogers X Reader - Your own Robin Hood

Word count: 491 words

You and Steve sat down together on the sofa in your apartment and breathed a sigh of relief. It had been a long day of paperwork and mission reports that you had to write up after coming back from a recent two-week mission, and you were both ready to just relax. Your lives as professional bodyguards of Earth were tiring and a little alone time for you and Steve was well over due.

Steve grabbed the remote and turned on the TV while you snuggled into his side.

"What do you want to watch?" Steve asked you.

"I thought we could watch a movie tonight." You replied.

"Okay pick one." You smiled as you chose your favourite childhood movie. You'd been wanting to watch it with Steve for a while now and tonight was the perfect chance. You put on Robin Hood and hugged Steve a little bit tighter. His arms wrapped around you protectively and your head against his chest.

*skip to end of film*

As the credits started to roll you looked up at Steve and said "So how did you like it?". He looked down at you with a grin.

"I loved it Y/N. But I didn't know that you were into guys that shot arrows. Maybe I should watch my back or you'll be going after Clint soon." He teased. You rolled your eyes and laughed.

"Don't worry Steve. Nothing could beat you and your indestructible Frisbee." He looked at you with mock offence and then you both started laughing.

"Oh, that's it now Y/N." Steve said then scooped you up off of the couch and leant down and kissed you on the lips.

"Bet Robin Hood couldn't sweep you off your feet like that Doll."

*Skip to next day*

You jogged into the Avengers training room and looked around to see if you could find Steve. He had left early that morning saying that he had some important training to do, so you figured that you'd go treat him after all of his hard work with a nice warm coffee and a bagel. You looked around the gym and his usual favourite training spots but you couldn't find him.

You were just about to leave when you heard voices coming from down the hallway. You followed the sound and found yourself in the archery room, where a tired looking Clint was teaching Steve how to use a bow and arrow.

You stood in the doorway and watched the two for a bit but didn't make them aware that you were there until Steve hit the bullseye and you clapped. Both men turned around sharpish looking confused as to who was clapping but their expression softened when they realised it was you.

You looked at Steve, the guy that you had somehow convinced to love you and smiled. He was your Steve, your Robin Hood, and you couldn't love him anymore than you did in that very moment.