Loki X Reader - Beat That Part 1

Word Count: 745 words

If there was one thing that you were good at it was bowling. You used to go bowling all of the time when you were younger and you would win every time, which is why you suggested that today you and the team should go bowling. Nobody was on a mission, and everyone thought that it would be a good idea.

So here you were at the bowling alley with your dysfunctional family tying up your laces on the bowling shoes, ready to go. Even Thor had come down from Asgard to join you all, so the entire team was together for once. The only bad thing about that was that he had brought Loki in an effort to make his brother more sociable and kind hearted, after the events of the past few years.  After New York you could say that there was a little tension between Loki and the Avengers, but you couldn't blame Thor for trying. He loved his brother and was only trying to help him so you all played along the best you could, for Thors sake.

"Alright, who's first?" you said looking around at your team mates. It was nice to see them so relaxed for once.

"Well, I hear that Y/N is a bit of a pro at this, so I think you should go first and show us how it's done." Tony said with a grin on his face. You swore that that man knew everything.

"Please. Anyone would be good at this Midgardian game. How hard can it be?" Loki jeered from the back of the group earning a harsh look from Thor. There was no way that you were going to stand for that.

"Okay then, Mr I'm better than everyone. It's on. Put your money where your mouth is. I can almost guarantee I'm better than you so let's say whoever gets the lowest score out of us two has to buy everyone dinner." You held out your hand to Loki and he shook it.

"Deal." He said with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"But one rule trickster, no magic."

You turned on your heel, picked up a bowling ball and threw it. Strike. The team cheered and you looked back at Loki with a smile. "Beat that."

His face dropped a little bit. Loki walked up for his turn and Tony clapped him on the back.

"I told you she was good mate."

Loki picked up a green ball and tried to mimic your actions from before. He threw the ball but to his dismay only knocked down four of the pins.

"That will make you stop teasing Lady Y/N,Brother!" Thor shouted and scooped you up in hug, both of you laughing.

****

It was your last shot of the game and the team was silent in anticipation. You had scored nine strikes in a row so the pressure was on to see if you could knock down every pin for a full game. You threw the ball and it hit every in except for one that was wobbling.

Neat the back of the room Loki watched and saw your shoulders slump in defeat. He, very slyly, used his magic to knock the last pin over. You jumped up and down and everyone hugged you with glee.

Steve however, hung back a bit with Loki. "I saw what you did for YN and I've got to ask why? I mean she has already beaten you hands down anyway so why give her the satisfaction of a perfect game? It's not your style." Steve asked Loki.

Loki froze. He had been found out.

"I don't know what you mean, I never did anything." Loki replied defensively. Steve held his hands up.

"Ok, but if you like her tell her. I know that look. Try to be a bit more likeable as well, hey. If not the team aren't going to like you two being together. You hurt Y/N, we hurt you." With them last words Steve went to congratulate you.

After a rib crushing group hug you made your way over to Loki.

"I must say I'm impressed. I am a man of my word so meet me at {Your favourite restaurant} at 7 o clock tonight. "Everyone stood there shocked. What had gotten into Loki?

"Ok." You said slightly baffled. "We'll be there." You had to admit, you were liking the God of mischief more and more every day.

__________________________________________

There will be a Part 2 to this and I'd just like to say thank you for reading and voting for my stories so far. It means a lot!