Loki X Reader - Beat That Part 2

Reader X Loki – Beat that Part 2

Word count: 1020 words

You finished putting on your make up, grabbed a jacket and left to meet Loki and the others at the restaurant. Everyone was meeting there in five minutes so you made sure that you got a move on. You were wearing a green dress with a back jacket and gold accessories. Your hair was curled and you were wearing your favourite lipstick.

I better make an effort if Loki's paying. You thought. As if that was the only reason you had gotten dressed up.

You approached the restaurant and saw only Loki stood outside. You frowned. Where were the rest? It wasn't like you were early and everyone's usually quite punctual.

Loki looked up and saw you and just smiled. He thought that you looked beautiful and for a moment lost his hostile behaviour. You waved to him.

"Hey Loki, where is everyone?" you asked.

"I got a message from them earlier saying that they were ill and that they were surprised we hadn't got sick either." Loki explained.

"Oh we can do this another time then if you want." You said hesitantly. You didn't believe for a second the teams excuses and you wondered just exactly what they were doing.

"Well we might as well eat now." Loki said.

He offered you his arm and led you inside and got you both a table. You were surprised by how chivalrous he was, but you figured that things must be different in Asgard. He held out your chair and everything. You sat down and ordered your meals and a drink. Conversation with Loki was easy unlike you had feared and you was actually having a great time.

*In a van just outside the restaurant*

"Tony what's happening?" Natasha said eagerly wanting to make sure that her friend was ok.

"Loki's actually being nice he pulled out her chair for her and everything. I would expect this kind of 40s chivalry from Capsicle. What's happening here?" Tony replied

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a gentleman. At least I don't hack into security cameras to spy on my friends. Seriously Tony, why didn't we just go with them? Or leave them to it?"

"It's a precaution I want to see if Loki truly likes Y/N after you told me the stunt he pulled today or if it's just another one of his cruel tricks. I've known Y/N a long time and she's not getting her heart broken by reindeer games!" Tony said.

The two start bickering and only stopped when Natasha cleared her throat and shot them the dead eye. Neither of them wanted to upset her, it was more than their lives were worth.

"Y/N's leaving with Loki." Natasha said.

" I think we should be going." You said getting up from your seat. Loki had paid the bill and as much as you hated to admit it you had had a lovely night. Loki had told you battle stories and told you more about Asgard and funny stories about Thor and you felt yourself grow closer to Loki.

Loki held the door open for you as you left the restaurant and you shivered slightly as the cold air hit you. "Here have my jacket." Loki offered placing the jacket around your shoulders.

"Thank you Loki but aren't you cold?" Loki looked down "I'm sorry I forgot please forgive me." You said at about a thousand miles per hour. Loki had also told you about his heritage as a frost Giant at the restaurant and you could have kicked yourself for being so stupid.

"It's alright. I can always forgive a pretty face such as yours." Loki flirted. You blushed and your internal monologue was along the lines of 'ahhhh!'

"Do you fancy taking a stroll through the park?" Loki asked.

"Yeah that sounds nice." You said as you crossed the road to get to the entrance of the park.

*In the van*

"They're going into the park! Oh no it's worse than I thought! He's luring her into a quiet dark place so he can murder her!" Tony said with horror.

Everyone looked at him like he had gone crazy. "I'm calling Clint for backup." Tony said as he got out his phone. He quickly dialled the number and started to say down the phone "Clint it's an emergency we need you down at the park now. Loki's got Y/N- "

Natasha had grabbed the phone away from Tony and said calmly into the phone,

"Come down to the park Loki and Y/N are on a date. It's a long story but we kind of set them up on it after this afternoon and now we're spying on them to make sure that Y/N is safe we need you to be our eyes in the park." There was silence then Natasha said thanks and put down the phone.

"He has the security cameras up for the park at the tower. We need to get back there and play sick before Y/N and Loki get back."

You and Loki strolled through the park under the starlight as you made your way back to the Avengers tower. Your hands ended up intertwined and you both stayed like that still holding hands when Loki walked you back to your room at the tower.

You both stood outside your room and you looked up at Loki.

"I've had a really great time tonight Loki. Thankyou." You said.

"Me too,  Y/N. It's been nice to just relax and talk to someone who actually cares for a bit. Goodnight love, see you tomorrow." Loki replied and kissed your cheek. He let go of your hand and walked away from your beetroot red face.

"LOKI! YOU DARE LAY A FINGER ON OUR Y/N AGAIN AND I WILL NOT HESITATE TO GET BRUCE TO HULK SMASH YOU AGAIN!" you heard Tony scream down the corridor.

"Tony! Leave him alone!" You heard Steve yell after Tony.

You sighed. Honestly you loved all of your team like they were your family but they were a bit too protective sometimes. You smiled to yourself. You knew they weren't ill.

Maybe this was the start of something new.