Bruce X Reader - I know science

Word Count: 768 words

Warning: Angst, sad reader.

You had been locked in your room for nearly a day and you just couldn't bring yourself to come out. You had had a big fight with one of your closest friends and you felt really bad about it. She had said some really mean things to you and it ended up with her saying that she didn't want to be friends anymore.

You didn't even know what you had done it just seemed that she had just stopped liking you. You are a sentimental person and value your friends as much as your family so it was hard to have a friend just leave you like that.

You had just sat in your room since the fall out watching movies and eating the food that vision kept bringing in for you. You didn't want to hurt his feelings by not eating it. Vision had been the only person that you had seen and that's because he could literally walk through walls so there's kind of no escape from him.

You had locked your door and Steve and Natasha and Tony had tried to coax you out a couple of time s but with no avail. You just laid on your bed and tried to cheer yourself up.

• Science lab Avengers Tower*

"Hey, Tony have you seen Y/N? I haven't seen her around today." Bruce asked Tony as he walked into the lab. Tony gave him a sympathetic smile. He knew how close you and Bruce were and he knew that it would break his heart if he knew that you were upset.

"She's been in her room all day. She has had a fall out with one of her friends and she's really upset about it. If I was you then I would go and see her, we've all tried to talk to her but she won't open her door. But you two seem to get along well so you have a good as a chance as any of us." Tony said.

He saw Bruce's face drop. "Yeah, I'm going to do that. Are you ok wrapping things up here?" Bruce gestured to the experiment that they were about to conduct. Tony nodded and Bruce walked out of the room hatching a plan to make you feel better.

***

Knock, knock, knock

You paused your movie and said "Please I just want to be left alone."

"Y/N as much as you may think that's true, I know science and I think that the best thing for you to do is let me in and let me spend time with you." You heard Bruce say through the door. You smiled. You and Bruce had become good friends since you had become apart of the team and he was always trying to make you smile.

You got up from your bed and opened the door to Bruce holding an armful of things wrapped up in a blanket. Tilting your head to the side you looked at him quizzically.

"I brought goodies." He said with a smile on his face and you let him in. He walked into your room and laid down the blanket and began to take out the things that he had brought. He had all of your favourite things from food, to music, to movies.

You put one of the CD's on and sat on the bed with Bruce who held you close and laid back.

"Hey, Y/N I know that you might not want to talk about it, but just know that I'm always here and I'll never leave." Bruce said. You smiled, you were lucky to have a friend such as him.

"Thank you Bruce." You said and started to hum to the song that was on. It was slower than the others on the album but you adored it. Bruce got up and you frowned wondering where he was going. He held a hand out to you.

"Would you like to accompany me in a dance Miss Y/N." He said you smiled and took his hand. Bruce pulled you up from the bed and began to sway you both holding you to his chest. You danced around the room at a slow pace in time to the music and you started to feel better.

You looked up at Bruce and said "Thank you." He smiled and bent down to kiss you on the cheek. You blushed, but you would be lying if you said that you didn't like it.

"Anything for you Y/N." He replied.

Sometimes all you need is music and a good friend.