Chapter 1

Angel, Spike and the Scooby Gang lie dead after the bloodshed taking down the Circle of Black Thorns, while Buffy found herself in Cleveland talking with the Powers That Be (PTB).

"You summoned, Master?" Buffy said sarcastically when she found herself with the Master.

"Yes, Buffy, I have a job for you." the Master demanded of her.

"Excuse me, but I'm a slayer. What could I possibly do for you?"

"I need you to go back in time to stop Billy and drain him of his blood."

"What, you expect me to kill a human being?"

"If you don't you will turn into a vampire demon forever with no way to get back to yourself."

While Buffy was talking to TPB, Angel and Spike woke up and before they knew it was transported back in time to where Buffy was.

"Hey, Spike, where are we?" Angel asked still dazed from being knocked out from the fight in present day Sunnydale.

"I think we're in the past?" Spike replied but unsure of even that.

"This looks like Sunnydale High . . . before the fire?" Angel replied.

"Yeah, we definitely are back in the past." Spike agreed.

"I wonder why we are here?" Angel wondered.

"I don't know but I think we're dead?" Spike said.

"Excuse me, Spike, but technically we are." Angel said, baring his fangs to remind him they were 200-year-old vampires.

Suddenly someone in the school yard caught Spike's eye as he ran over to see who it was, leading a confused Angel to follow behind.

"Hey, miss. . ." Spike yelled out when he got to the lady only to discover it was Buffy passed out.

"OMG! It's Buffy!" Spike said, trying to rouse her awake. "Buffy! Buffy!"

Buffy woke up still groggy and dazed bit suddenly remembering her talk with TPB and her mission.

"Spike. Angel. What are you doing here?" Buffy asked them confused. "I thought you were dead?"

"Hey, silly, you forget, you can't kill a vampire." Angel said. "We're already dead."

"How did you get here?"

"I don't know?" Angel replied.

"Maybe you're sent here to help me?"

"Help you?" Spike asked.

"I need to find a Billy and drain him of his blood." Buffy informed them. "Or I turn into a vampire demon."

Suddenly Buffy bared her fangs to a surprised Spike and Angel.

"I hate to tell you this Buff, but it looks like you are . . . one of us?"

"Huh?" Buffy questioned. "Damn them. They lied to me?!"