Chapter 2

Buffy, still in denial, suddenly felt a growing hunger for the taste of blood, and became sick at the thought of it.

"Hey, you OK?" Angel asked her.

"Oh, I just have this sudden craving for blood." Buffy told him.

"Here." Angel said, holding out his hand.

"Huh?" Buffy asked, bewildered.

"I don't want you to have to eat a human being." Angel explained, knowing Buffy's nature. But little did Angel know, that Buffy would grow to love her new soulless self.

As Buffy sucked from Angel's arm, the taste of his blood was surprisingly sweet to her. After she fed, Buffy wanted more, but hid the feeling from Angel as Angel covered up the marks Buffy left.

"C'mon." Angel told her. "We need to find the rest of the gang."

"You do that." Buffy told him. "I need to find Billy and kill him and drain his blood." Buffy couldn't wait to find Billy. The thought of draining his blood suddenly appealed to her. . .

While Buffy hunted Billy with Spike, Angel went on his own to warn the Scoobies of Buffy.

"Hey, Xander."

"Angel, did you find Buffy."

"Yes, but she's not herself." Angel said, trying to warn them about Buffy.

"What do you mean?" Willow asked worried.

"She's one. . ." Angel started to say, but was interrupted.

On the roof of Sunnydale High, stood Billy, about to kill himself by jumping from the roof. As Billy was about to jump, Buffy grabbed him from behind and sunk her fangs into his neck, draining him of his blood, while Xander and the rest of the Scoobies watched in utter horror.

After Buffy finished draining Billy of his blood, she licked her lips and tossed Billy's lifeless body aside.

"I am the new Buffy!" Buffy yelled out to her astonished friends.