Chapter #17: The Necklace (Part One)

Video is an example of what they are doing 😂

Sapphire's POV.

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?" My voice sounding like a chipmunk as I sucked in helium from a balloon.

"SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS!" Elliot yelled as she sucked in helium. We burst into a fit of laughter as Connor walked in looking at us like we got two heads.

"Whatcha guys doing?" He said with helium in his voice. Connor started laughing along with us.

"Listen I need to tell you something." Elliot said.

"What?" I laughed.

"I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LIKE YOU!!" Jake came in singing with his chipmunk voice. He hugged Elliot.

"AWW SO CUTE!" I said.

"#Goalzzzzzzz!!" I yelled and laughed.

"What'd I miss?" Justin came and HE had a chipmunk voice.

"What up?" Jackson came and guess.....HE had one too!

We all had a great time laughing, joking around, and just having fun. After that we all freshened up and we all sat on the couch. Justin came through the door and he held one envelope in his hands staring at it curiously.

"It's for you." He handed the envelope to me. Everyone was also curious on what the envelope had inside. I took the envelope from his hands and carefully but anxiously opened it up. I took out a peiece of paper that was folded. I unfolded it, I skimmed through the paper.

Dear Ms. Brooks,

You may or may not remember me, but just to bring back your memory think of the "soda". And I must say, Max was meant to die. It was all planned. Also keep in mind that you and your friends are being watched. Just saying. Hope you enjoy your life while it lasts. Nobody can protect you now. Not even your precious mate.

-unknown

I closed my eyes and crumpled up the paper and threw it on the floor.

"I'm going to go upstairs." My voice low. I went up the stairs.

"Sapphire wait!" Justin yelled as he picked up the paper from the ground. He followed me upstairs and into my bedroom. Justin closed the door behind us.

"What happened?" He cupped my cheek with his hands. My eyes puffy.

"Read the note." I whispered.

He opened up the paper and scanned the page. He put it in the trash can.

"Don't worry about that shithead, Sapphire everything is going to be alright. We'll protect you." Justin comforted me in his arms.

"I don't like this Justin."

"What don't you like?"

"Why do tragic things happen to me? Happen to us? Anything that happens to me involves you and the others and one of you gets hurt. That's why Max died because of me. I caused this Justin, I did." My face blank.

"No it's not you're fault."

"Then who's god damn fault is it then?" I said as I looked up at him.

"I- it doesn't matter, just we'll protect you, and you don't need to worry about it. Trust me."

"I can't."

"You can't what?"

"Trust you."

"What? Why?"