Chapter #22: "We need a plan. And fast."

Sapphires P.O.V

I woke up the next day feeling wayyy better than yesterday. I got a lot of rest and ate a whole bunch of soup from my favorite Chinese restaurant.

mmmmmmm

I heard loud conversations coming from downstairs. It sounded like Jackson and Connor. They were both yelling back and forth getting louder and louder each time they said something to each other. I started to become worried. Then that's when I heard something crash onto the floor. I yanked the blanket off my body and raced downstairs.

Then I saw Jackson with tears down his face and Connor with the most coldest look. Everyone surrounded them looking for an answer on what's going on. But it was just silent. Jackson wiped a tear from his face and walked away. He slammed his room door.

"Connor-" I spoke up. He cut me off.

"No. Leave me alone." He spat at me. Connor went to his room and slammed his door. I looked at everyone else and they all had blank expressions on their faces.

"What just happened?" Elliot said. I turned to Justin.

"Justin what's going on?"

"I don't know. But what I know for sure is that whatever they were talking about, it's not good."

I nodded my head.

"I'm going to talk to Jackson." I started walking towards Jackson's room door and I knocked on the door softly. He slowly opened the door.

"Can I come in?" He nodded his head and he let me in his room. His room was a dark grey color and everything was very neat and clean. He sat on his bed and stared off into space. I sat next to him looking off to space as well. I then nudged his shoulder.

"Hey Jackson, what happened back there?" His eyes started getting glossy. He sniffled and put his head in his hands.

"Sapph." His voice was shaky and it was barely above a whisper. I gave him a tight hug and he hugged back.

"Jackson you can tell me anything. I'm here for you, always." I smiled.

"Sapph, I don't know how to say it." He looked down at his hands.

"It's okay, just take it slow."

"Okay. You already know about the whole mate stuff right?" I nodded.

"Well, the moon goddess pairs you up with your mate and you get to live happy ever after or whatever." He wiped a tear from his face. I motioned him to continue.

"Sapph?"

"Yeah?"

"I- I'm- I'm gay." He choked out. He sobbed onto my shoulder.

"Jackson, why are you so sad about this? This is amazing!" I reassured him.

"Connor found out and he hates me for it. He thinks it's unacceptable. Sapph, he doesn't approve. But I can't help it! My mate is the same sex, how do I control who I have to be with?!"

"Connor is just, I don't know. Maybe give him some time. He'll warm up to it." I smiled and I gave him one last hug.

"Thank you Sapph. I really appreciate you coming here and helping me." He hugged me tighter.

"Anytime Jackson, I will always be there for you no matter what. And I accept you for who you are, and if no one accepts you, fuck them. You are who you are and there's no changing that."

"Thank you Sapph."

"No problem Jackson." I smiled at him and I got up from the bed and exited his room, shutting the door behind me.

Everyone was sitting on the couch and all eyes went on me.

"What did he say?" Jake asked.

"It's not my place to tell. He will tell you all when he's ready." Everyone nodded.

"Sapph, can I have a word with you upstairs for a moment?" Justin asked. I nodded my head and he took my hand and led me upstairs. We got to my room and he shut it behind him. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. He placed soft kisses on my neck leading up to my jaw.

"Justin." He stopped and looked into my eyes.

"Yes?"

"What were you going to talk to me about yesterday?"

"That can wait."

"No. Justin what's going on? You haven't been the same ever since you came back from wherever you were when I was with Jake and his family. Spill it. Now." I crossed my arms facing him.

"Okay." He gulped.

"Sapph?"

"Yes, Justin?"

"Max."

"What about Max?"

He paused.

"Max is alive."

That's when everything changed.

Justin pulled me close to his chest and hugged me tight.

He's alive?

"But there's a catch." Justin sighed.

"Wh-what's the catch?"

"He is alive, however he's not part of our pack anymore. He joined David and Monica's pack. He works for them now."

"What? That can't be true."

"God dammit Sapphire I saw it with my own damn eyes." He growled. I frowned.

"But- why?"

"I don't know but they have something up their sleeves."

I nodded my head.

I can't believe it.

Max joined Monica and David?

There has to be some sort of deal or something.

Right?

Max would never do that.

I sighed.

"We need a plan. And fast."

A SHORT CHAPTER.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!

Leave some suggestions for future chapters because I'm starting to run out of ideas... :/

I love you all!

Have a great rest of your day!❤️