Chapter 3

Sakura had been alone for the past three weeks ever since the Wave mission. She hadn't seen Naruto or Sasuke since than.

Up ahead, the pinkette saw Ino Yamanaka dressed in something that suggested that she was going on a date. Ino was dressed in a deep purple kimono that stopped at her mid thigh and was held by a dark orange obi and a pair of black heels. Her platinum blond hair was pulled up in a messy bun.

"Hey Ino-pig, who are you going on a date with?"asked Sakura thinking that the Yamanaka heiress had given up on Sasuke. "Hello Ino-hime."greeted a husky voice behind Sakura.

Sakura turned around and found herself facing Naruto Uzumaki. Although he now looked different. His blond hair was now more shaggier and had two jaw length bangs.(1) His hair went into his smexy cerulean blue eyes due to the lack of his forehead protector. He was now a head taller than her.

"Naruto!!"spluttered Sakura in shock. The blond Uzumaki was dressed in a black yakama that had a dark orange edging and held by a dark orange obi but still showed off his mesh undershirt and black open toe sandals. "Haruno, fancy seeing you here."said Naruto without looking at the pinkette. "Shall we attend our date Ino-hime?"asked Naruto as Ino hooked arms with him.

"Don't stay out late you two!"called Yoshiko Yamanaka giggling. Sakura was gawking at the blond duo. Since when did Naruto and Ino starting seeing each other?

The pinkette followed the blond couple to the Hokage Monument. On the Yondaime's head was a romantic picnic for two. "I thought you were going to take me to Ichiruka's."stated Ino in shock. "So you don't want me to spoil you rotten, huh Ino-hime?"asked Naruto with a smirk. "Of course I do Foxy-kun."huffed Ino as Naruto pecked her cheek.

Sakura couldn't take this anymore and broke the romantic atmosphere. "I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME NARUTO AND AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE MY BEST FRIEND INO?"screeched Sakura as Naruto growled. "Firstly, my ears are incredibly sensitive and secondly what could I know about love."said Naruto using the pinkette's words against her.

"Ano Sakura could you please leave as you're destroying the romantic atmosphere."said Ino with a get lost gesture. "Excuse me."growled the pinkette. "You're excused Haruno."taunted Naruto. "I have a name so use it."added Sakura smugly. "I have no need to use your name as I do not acknowledge you."stated Naruto coldly.

Those words hit Sakura like a brick wall. Here was the boy who was once madly in love with her and her best friend/rival telling her to practically get lost.

How could they discard her like that? They were supposed to support and watch flourish her. She was supposed to rub her success in their faces.

I know this is a short chapter with only 488 words.

(1) Naruto looks like Menma Namikaze from Naruto Shippuden episode 427 (I think)

I decided to explain the Hanaton in more detail.

The Hanaton or the Flower Release was created by Ino when she learnt of the Mokuton. It uses Ino's knowledge of flowers and their functions.

Completed on 03/07/2016