Chapter Ten - Gossip

Jacob's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, I reach my arm out and wack the top of my alarm clock, turning it off. Dragging myself out of bed, I realise what had happened the night before. I kissed Lilia. And it wasn't any kiss, it was passionate and aggressive yet soft and it felt so right. She's a good kisser for a beginner.

I hear my name being called, "Jacob?" I can tell straight away it's Lilia's voice. I walk over to my window to see her standing there, the morning light hits her perfectly and she looks absolutely stunning. "You're up then I see." She says with a smirk. Oh lord help me.

"Just about," I reply in the worst morning voice ever. I cough to clear my throat. "So, I really enjoyed myself last night."

"I did too" her face lights up. "Jacob?" I look at her and nod for her to continue. "Do you want to go on a second date, with me?"

I'm taken back a bit by her words, but then I smile. "Of course, I would. Pick me up at 7 tonight, my turn to choose." And end it with a wink. I turn to get ready to go to school

Lilia's P.O.V

I say those words with such caution. They just slipped. What would I have done if he said no? What if he regretted it all this morning? Oh, I need to stop doing this to myself. He said yes and that's the main thing. The next step is persuading my brother to let me date his best friend.

I reluctantly, walk into school with Jacob by my side. Everyone is staring at us. It took me by surprise as we have been spending time together in school so it's not this much of a shock. I can see people whispering about me as I walk through the hallways, pointing and laughing and the worst looks. What the hell have I missed?

"She's such a slut!"

"Why is he friends with her?"

"She kissed his best mate! Who does that?"

"Wait WHAT?" I turned to the girl who said the last thing. She stared at me shocked I said anything. "Come on, spit it out hun." I can get angry easily.

"Someone saw you kissing Liam Kelly outside his house last night."

"WHAT?" I burst out laughing at this. If you can't remember, no one knows we're brother and sister as I wanted to be kept on the low. However, that has now changed as I am the talk of the school for kissing my brother, GROSS. "Liam? Liam Kelly? He's my twin." I burst out laughing now. And then the whispering started again.

"She kissed her own brother?"

"What a freak"

"She's a slut, look at her thinking she's amazing being friends with Jacob Black. She's still a loser."

"That can't be true, Liam is hot and popular, and she's... well that."

"Everyone shut the fuck up about my sister. We didn't kiss are you joking me! Grow the fuck up and carry on." He's getting angry and no one wants to see that, trust me.

The whole corridor is silent. And then this boy attempts to whisper, but fails massively, "I'm guessing he doesn't know she's screwing his best mate."

"What the fuck did you say about my sister?! My sister isn't screwing any fucker. Stay out of my fucking family you stupid mother fucki..." The bell rings and the boy runs off. Saved by the bell.

"Liam?" I say trying to make sure he's calm. He looks at me... upset?

"Why didn't you tell me?" I just look at him not knowing what to say. "Lilia you're my best friend, you're meant to tell me if you're seeing someone, especially my best mate!"

I was going to tell you I promise, it was only one date and we've kissed, twice."

Liam turns to Jacob, "Twice?! Dude that's my little sister! I knew you two went on a date, how stupid do you think I am? I live with one of you and next to the other. And I'm not mad."

Jacob and I both look at him confused. "I mean I'm a little mad you didn't tell me but my two best mates, I'm happy as long as you're both happy I promise you." He smiles at us both, then goes all serious and turns to Jacob. "If you ever hurt her in any way possible, you're fucking dead."

"OI, you three, get to class, NOW! You're 20 minutes late now, detention after school." Mr Davies, our headmaster, shouts.

Great now I have detention. What a way to tell your brother you're dating his best mate. Awkward...