Chapter Fifteen - Facing the music

Lilia's P.O.V

Jacob and I walk into school with our arms linked. I am incredibly nervous to face anyone in school and I'm not ready to be fully noticed by the whole school. Jacob seems excited? Why is he so calm and excited for me to get shit? Maybe this is his plan? To humiliate me? I stop dead in my tracks at this thought. Jacob stops with me and turns to me, "Come on coconut, don't be scared. They won't hurt you; I won't let them." I look up from the floor and look into those deep brown eyes of his and I can't help but obey him and believe it's all okay.

We walk in and as I expected, all eyes are on us. Jacob walks proudly as if he has won an award and I'm the trophy. I, on the other hand, look like a hostage. Jacob looks at me and gave me a reassuring look that everything is fine. I have a scan around the corridor leading up to my locker to see if there's anyone not looking. Nope. Every single fucker in this school is looking at Jacob and me.

We finally reach my locker and I have gym first, one of my favourite lessons. I open my locker and get my kit out as usual. Jacob stands there as if he's my bodyguard, looking around giving everyone an evil glare. Anyone who made eye contact with him looked away straight away. I close my locker loudly to get Jacob's attention back. He looks at me and says, "Ready for the rest of the day, coconut?" with a wink and I feel my legs turning to jelly. "When am I never not ready for anything?" I decided to wink back, but if you haven't realised, I am not the best at flirting so when I tried to wink, I ended up making a face and Jacob just laughed at me and we stood there laughing. The bell went off for the first period and we snapped back into the reality that we're being stared at.

"Shows over guys, you heard the bell" Lexie shouts whilst walking over, making everyone scurry away. "So, Lilia, you gonna introduce me then?" She gives me a look as if she doesn't know there's something going on between Jacob and me and I need to help her get into his pants. "Jacob this is Lexie, Lexie this is Jacob." Jacob puts his hand out to shake her hand and she pulls him in for a hug saying, "Don't be silly" Handshakes are too informal for my liking." And ends it with a wink. I can feel my blood boiling.

"Well... Lilia, we better get off to class before we get detention for being later again." Jacob breaks the tension that could easily be cut with a knife.

"Yeah, you're right. Hopefully, I'll bump into you again Jacob. Bye, ma loves, mwah!" She blows a kiss towards us and then struts off. Jacob watches her walk off and I stand there like a twat not knowing what to do. "I'm going to gym now."

He snaps out of it and brings his attention back to me. "I'll walk ya." He says quickly.

"Nah, as you said, don't want you getting another detention for being late. I can look after myself you know. I don't need a bodyguard." He smiles and kisses my forehead. "I know but it's fun protecting you, bye coconut, see you at lunch."

As I'm walking away, I can't get the image out of my head of Jacob watching Lexie walk away. I know we haven't made anything official yet but the whole school knows we have a thing yet I feel as if he is still the bad boy slag that he told me he wasn't and it's making me nervous. Really nervous.