Chapter 5: the mission

~Ceil's prov~

I know my master told me not to report about this military police planning to kill my master. But I swore under oath to do everything in my power to protect him and report anything that happens. Nisa growled getting pissed when I told her. After reporting I meet up with Eren inside the cafeteria to listen to what was going on.

~Eren's prov~

I stood with the rest of the recruits listening to commander Erwin about finishing up this war once and for all. I looked down nervously. Was I ready for this? I would have to face the colossal Titan with the others along with what Titans that were left. I felt something rub up against my leg. Ceil was trying to cheer me up which I had to thank him for since I was a nervous wreck. The commanders voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Saddle up! We ride together in five minutes! Be prepared!"

I sighed as I began to walk to my horse to get ready. I looked around to see the faces of people I came to care about like family. I looked to see Levi talking to Erwin what I guess was the battle plans. I was to ride beside Levi as we try to get to the colossal Titan while the others took care of the rest. It's been a few weeks since I had a dream or talked to Rose. Something was telling me that something was going to happen on the battle field, but I couldn't tell if it was bad or good. I felt a tap on my shoulder making me jump a little. I turn to see Armin and Misaka looking at me with worried eyes. I smiled at them while pulling them into a hug.

"Don't look at me like that. Everything will be fine and when we come back. We can finally plan a trip to the ocean." I told them.

I wanted them to have good thoughts before going into battle. Armin nodded with a smile, but Mikasa just still stared at me with worried eyes. I sighed as she acted more like a mother to me. I gave her a smile as I ruffled her hair making her glare at me. I couldn't help but laugh as I saddled my horse and position myself next to Levi. I looked at him with loving and worried eyes.

"Hey Captain?"

"What is it brat?" He asked.

"When this is all over I have something I to tell you." I said.

Levi looked at me confused, but nodded. The commander yelled for us to move out. I snapped the rains and we were off. Ceil was keeping up along with the others. I felt my body beginning to ach, but I ignored it.

~Third person~

Eren and the others were almost to their destination. There was a signal that Titans were near by a few meters west of their positions that being lead commander Erwin. They could hear screaming, cries, the roars, the stomping of their people and Titans engaged in battle. It was taking every fiber of Eren not to go and help them. Levi ordered everyone to keep moving not to stop. The rode to an field filled with Titans along with the colossal Titan. They roared at them and ran towards Eren's group. Hanji laughed as she yelled at them to come to her. It made Eren chuckle as he focused on the colossal Titan.

"Ceil stay with Levi and help him out. I'll be fine." Eren ordered.

Ceil nodded to his master as he scooted closer to Levi's horse. Eren jumped off his horse and began to slice down Titans that got in his way. Levi joined Eren on top of a corpse of a Titan as they looked around so far everything was going good. They turned to the colossal then looked at each other and nodded. They swung at him and attacked the weak stops. It was going well until Eren noticed Levi wasn't going to be able to dodge in time. Quickly he shot over to Levi pushing him out of the way as the Titan slammed his body into rock wall. Levi watched in horror as Eren began to bleed from his head. Levi growled in anger as he watched Eren's body fall to the ground. Levi began to attack furiously in blind rage. Eren watched from the ground with blurry eyes. He head ache as someone was yelling in his head.