Chapter 8: The wall of Maria and the awakening

~Levi's prov~
I finally made it to the wall of Maria as it began to snow. I hated the cold, but I was getting close to the Jaeger house hold. Erwin managed to some how get me paperwork on the Jaeger family that they had which wasn't a lot. All the information told me that Eren and his family came from a little village far away from the walls and came here for protection from the Titans and that his father was a doctor. I growled in frustration as this investigation wasn't making any sense! One Eren told me he was an only child until they adopted Misaka (a.k.a bitch) and two Eren felt totally different from last time I was by him. Ceil barked snapping me out of my thoughts to see we had arrived in front of Eren's old house. I began to dig around the rubble looking for anything that might had survived the cave in of the roof.

After a good two hours I managed to find a trap door that lead down to a basement. Carefully climbing I tried to look around in the dark. I stumbled a bit but finally found an oil lamp and turned it on. I gasped to see a portrait of Eren, his parents, and his.....sister. The two looked so a like and so happy together. I noticed Ceil whimper while laying down in front of it. Seeing Eren must be hard on him too. I rubbed the top of his head and began to look around the place noticing letters, pictures, and a diary of some kind. I cringed at the thought of sitting on the dirty ground but there was no where else to sit. I sat down after cleaning a spot and opened the diary.

~diary entry~

Day one,
I can not believe what my husband has made us do! We leave in the middle of the night taking Eren away from Rose when he swore Eren was in trouble. What kind of mother am I to leave my daughter alone in the castle to rule our race without us! It killed me as I had to watch my husband pull Eren away from Rose as they begged and cried not to be separated. I stood in front of her memorizing every last detail of her before telling her we had to take her brother away from a while for his safety. I told her to be a good girl as we disappeared into the night. I could still hear her cries and Eren's yelling telling us to take him back. We made it to the barrier that separated us from the human world. We ran through seeing horses there waiting for us. Eren rode with me as I locked away his memories and royal blood so he wouldn't attack anyone since he didn't have his thirst under control yet. Now we hide as normal humans in these walls in fear of these Titan things because of my husband. Oh my Eren my Rose I'm so so sorry.
~end of diary entry~

So Eren is a prince of some race that drinks blood meaning. My eyes widened as I realized what he was trying to warn me about. He was a vampire prince. It all made sense now! The reasons he was distant, talking to a wolf, having strange dreams, because of his blood being awaken. I looked at Ceil while glaring at him.

"Alright wolf! I know you can understand me. Now where is Eren!? Can you take him to me?" I demanded at Ceil.

Ceil looked up at me like he was thinking things over in his head until we heard another growl from behind me. I stumbled back to see another wolf behind me and I heard it talk in my head.

"I apologize for Ceil's behavior. Eren's mate but I will answer anything you like since my mistress gave me permission to answer."

I looked at it wide eyed while backing away from it. Then backed away from Ceil when I heard his voice in my head.

"Nice job Nisa! He's scared now! I'm sorry I wasn't allowed to talk to but my master Eren." Ceil groaned in my head.

I looked back and fourth between them trying to figure out if I was going crazy. I closed my eyes trying to snap back into reality. When I opened my eyes I see them looking at me confused.

"Do you think we broke him by talking to him to early?" Ceil asked, the wolf name Nisa if I heard correctly.

"I think we did." Nisa answered.