Chapter 16: meeting half way there

~Erwin's prov~

Ackerman and I have been searching the main road for the last few days to find to trace of where they could have gone. We stopped at a river to fill our cantons. It was very awkward with her to say the least since she wasn't much of a talker. I sighed and thought about Armin and hoped he was ok especially if he was with Hanji.

"We should get moving before dark." Ackerman stated.

I nodded in agreement since it would be best to make more distance before the storm hit. The dark clouds looked like they were ready to start anytime now. We quickly saddled our horses and rode as fast as we could to get away from the storm. After a few more hours of traveling it began to snow down heavily. I noticed a cabin not far from us and pointed it out to Ackerman who nodded. We quickly put the horses in the stables to stay warm while we ran inside for safety.

It was pitch black and I couldn't see a thing but I heard growling coming from the other side of the room. I froze up with Ackerman frozen by my side. I watched to wolves walk out towards us making me gulp. I was about to try and calm them down when Ackerman screamed and fell landing in a bucket of dirty water. She sat up with the bucket on her head while glaring at the person behind her.

"Omg that was hilarious!" The figure laughed. Wait I recognized that creepy laugh anywhere.

"Hanji!" I yelled while turning around to face her. Hanji smiled bright while nodding as she lite the fireplace. She told apparently Ceil and Nisa to stand down that we were good people. I heard someone run into the cabin making me look at the door.

"Hanji are you ok? I heard screaming!"

My eyes widened to see Armin standing there. I felt so happy and relieved to see he was ok. I smiled bright and walked over to him and hugged him tight. I heard him stutter against my chest as he hugged me back. I pulled away to see his face was bright red making me smirk. Before I could say anything Ackerman shoved me out of the way and pulled Armin in to a tight hug.

"Armin thank god your ok." Ackerman said.

"Why wouldn't I be ok? I've been with Levi, Hanji, and Eren this whole time." Armin said, looking at us confused. Ackerman sighed saying to stop the jokes that Eren was long gone and they needed to stop thinking he was alive. I watched the Hanji and Armin bust out laughing.

"What's so funny? If I may ask?" I asked as we sat down by the fire.

"Eren's alive. Well more like forever will be alive even when we die of old age." Armin said. I looked at them confused as I see Hanji ready to explore with excitement.

"TITAN BABY IS REALLY A VAMPIRE! NOT JUST ANY VAMPIRE THE PRINCE OF THEM! Ooooooh the experiments I could do on them!" Hanji explained as she went on and on about it. I looked at them shocked with the information that was just spoken.

"Impossible! How can this be!" Ackerman screamed.

"Mikasa calm down. We were actually on our way back to get you guys. Eren and his family need your help." Armin said. Then began to explain everything on what was going on there. It was very sad to hear that Eren's sister lost her love a few days ago. I was also happy that Levi and Eren got together finally. Now that means I wouldn't have to hear Levi bitch and moan to me about Eren.

"So how can we help?" I asked.

"We need to find out who is behind this. Eren and his family are trying their best to make sure the people don't find out so a panic doesn't begin." Armin said, as he sat there while thinking. 

"Best place to start is with anyone that would hold a grudge against them that even includes family." I said, began to think of strategies on how to solve this without anymore bloodshed. Hanji told us that she was gonna help Mikasa clean up in the next room so she didn't catch a cold. Armin and I nodded as we watched them leave the room. It was awkward for a few moments before me and Armin spoke at the same time making us laugh.

"You go first Armin." I offered, smiling.

"Commander I'm so happy to see you, I've missed you and everyone there especially you." Armin said, blushing as he looked down at the ground. I began to blush as I smiled and made him look at me.

"I have missed you as well Armin. Actually I've been meaning to tell you this since the war between Titans and humanity ended months ago." I began to say. I watched him look at me confused as I began to smirk then leaned forward kissing him softly hoping he would understand what I meant. I was about to pull away when I felt him pull me closer while kissing me back. I blushed bright red while smiling into the kiss.  I break the kiss while looking into his beautiful blue eyes.

"I love you Armin Alert." I whispered against his lips.

"I love you too Erwin Smith." Armin said, smiling bright.

~Mikasa prov~

I couldn't believe what Armin had told us. Eren. My Eren was alive and he was with that short bastard! How dare he take my brother away from me! I glared out the window while thinking over on how I could win him over to be mine. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Hanji looking down at me with a creepy smile.

"You aren't planing to break my ereri ship up are you?" Hanji asked.

"No I just can't believe he's alive and didn't come back to let me know." I lied as I looked down at the ground. Hanji sighed then sat down across from me.

"Titan vampire baby has a lot on his plate. I'm sure he would have told you when he had the chance." Hanji said, while watching me as if I was some experiment to study.  I sat there quietly after nodding my head. Don't worry Eren that midget won't have you long. We will be together I promise.

~Eren's prov~

I felt a shiver go down my spine as I held Levi close to my chest. Levi looked up at me asking what was wrong. I told him it was nothing but the cold air. I smiled and softly kissed his lips before smiling down at him. I watched him cuddle into my chest as I softly played with his hair.

"Thank you for what you did with Rose. I'm happy to see her smiling again." I whispered.

"Tch it was nothing brat. Plus you were right, her library is absolutely amazing." Levi mumbled. I smirked knowing how much Levi loved to read. I don't want these moments to end but I couldn't help but think about this feeling that I had that there was more then one threat to my family and my Levi. Whatever it is I won't let them knew any of them. I will protect them no matter what.

***ok first thank you to everyone that continues to read my story! I thank you all so much. Now I'm sorry this is a short chapter I'm on my way to work and everything and the holidays have been crazy with family. So I want to wish you all a very late merry Christmas and have a good new year. So author-chan out! ✌🏻***