The Process

WARNING: this chapter goes over some sensitive subject matters that can be offensive to some. Read on if you wish.

After their wedding and short after party, the Radcliff-Felton couple headed to the park to see Rosie.

"Your back?" Rosie asked from the steps of the orphanage.

"We said we would be." Dan replied with a smile.

"Well...I know it's just that most people don't keep their promises to me." She said with a small frown.

"Rosie, we have been thinking, how would you like to come home with us? Become part of our family?" Tom asked hopefully.

"Um...I would love to come home with you but actually...their is a family who wants to adopt me in there...it's the third family who has come in today for me but each time they go in, they come right back out after hearing about how I came to be here." Rosie spoke through the tears.

"Rosie? What is it that brought you here? I promise that we won't judge you for it."

Rosie took a deep breath"When my mother was just fourteen, she was rapped in an ally way by a man in a black hoodie. Nine months later, I was born. My mom tried her best to love me. She kept me until I was six. At that point she was twenty. One day, she came back from work and went into her room. When my aunt brought me home later that day, she found my mom on the bathroom floor with wrists slit and holding a bottle of Windex. The bottle was open and my mo mother smelled of it. She had taken her own life because she couldn't cope with what had happened to her. My aunt took care of me for another year until one day I went missing. The man in the black hood and come for me. He attacked me and left me to die in the same ally I was conceived in. My aunt searched all night for me. When she found me, she rushed me to the ER. There, I got stitches on my knee, shoulder and neck. I also got crutches because both my legs were sprained. My aunt realized she could no longer care for me and I've been here ever since." Rosie finished. Tom and Dan both pulled Rosie into their arms as all three cried together.

Suddenly, a man and woman came running out of the orphanage"You young lady have been through a lot. I-we admire you for being so strong but unfortunately, we didn't qualify to become your guardians." The woman spoke quietly, urging Rosie bit to question her.

"Why?" Rosie asked, unable to help herself.

"Because we aren't." The man replied angrily. Rosie tried not to let her mother hang open. She knee that voice...it was the man in the black hoodie. Once the couple had left. Rosie explained who the man was to Dan and Tom.

"We need to go let the person in charge of this place know." Dan told her. Together they entered the building. The woman in charge tried not to freak out when she recognized the two men before her. She greeted them kindly and listened to what they had to say. As soon as they were done, the woman called the authorities. The man was found and arrested, along with the woman who had been with his side due to her helping him lure in many girls.

A few short hours later, the paperwork was finalized and  Rosie had a family again. " You will love my dog Timber. He is a big guy but he is the sweetest thing. We will protect you Rosie. " Tom told her and for the first time in a long time, she felt safe.