Moving Her In

Later that day, all of Rosie's belongings, which weren't much, were loaded into the back of Tom's truck. "Ready to go Rosie?" Tom looked at her questioningly.

"Yes. I'm ready. Am I aloud to just sit in the front? Like behind the wheel for just a moment? Not while its on of course...its just something I've always wanted to do."

"Sure, go ahead." Tom replied with a voice full of compassion for this little girl. She smiled and climbed into the front seat. Tom heard her whisper something under her breath. "What was that?"

"Oh...um I was telling my mom that I'm okay now. That I have a home to go to. She always wanted to take care of me but what I had back then, it wasn't a home. It was just a house." She paused long enough that her adoptive fathers wondered if she was done with the conversation. Suddenly, she looked up with a strange little smile on her face. "Do you think you can take a picture of me? I want to remember this moment." Tom smiled as he took out his phone and took her picture. 

"Alright goofball, get into the back so we can get you home." She hummed back the word home as she climbed into the back of the truck. Tom climbed into the front seat as Dan climbed into the passenger seat. 

"Alright everybody! Lets go!" Dan yelled and then resolved into laughter. Tom tried o hide his smirk at Dan's cuteness. He really did love his laugh.

Once they arrived at Dan and Tom's home, they moved Rosie into the biggest of two guest rooms in their home. After she was settled and her room was decorated (which took hours due to her being a little girl full of excitement and the other two wanting to spoil her), Dan left to go order pizza for dinner. 

After dinner, they tucked Rosie into bed. "Goodnight hun. See you in the morning." He left and climbed into his bed with Tom. "Goodnight Love."